Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Work In Progress: new F1/F4 guide for 41F submissions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    It's not.

You could consider it part of the cost of you're working on a depreciation schedule for a corporation or something, but can't just claim the $200 on your individual taxes as a deduction.

That's what I figured. Thanks for your reply.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Need confirmation or correction please...I'm filing 5 Form 4s for myself this week. 5 cans. If I send all the paperwork together in 1 envelope do I need 1 set (2copies) of fingerprints? Or 5 sets (10copies) ?

My understanding is 5 copies. Local SOT says 1 copy.
    Last edited by ccasanova; 02-21-17 at 11:37.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for the detailed instructions. This thread and entire forum has helped me tremendously.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ccasanova View Post
    Need confirmation or correction please...I'm filing 5 Form 4s for myself this week. 5 cans. If I send all the paperwork together in 1 envelope do I need 1 set (2copies) of fingerprints? Or 5 sets (10copies) ?

My understanding is 5 copies. Local SOT says 1 copy.
    The ATF has said they want two FP cards per form, which is different from how it used to be. Nobody has filed a post-41F form with only a single set and reported back at this point, so there's no way to confirm.

5 sets definitely works. 1 set may or may not.

Feedback Score
    A couple random bits of info that are in the instructions of the current forms, which weren't on the previous forms.

1. The following Instruction can be found on the Form 1 (2i), Form 4 (2j), and Form 5 (2i):

Photocopies or Computer Generated Versions or Downloaded Version from ATF Website. The form may be copied or downloaded (for example, from the ATF website (www.atf.gov)). The form does not have to be printed front to back.

Note: the "does not have to be printed front to back" is definitely a change from how we've done it in the past

2. The following Instruction can be found on the 5320.20 (b):

The registered owner of NFA firearm(s) shall complete two copies of ATF Form 5320.20 and forward the forms to the Director, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405 (Attention: NFA Branch). The form can be submitted via facsimile to the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4501 or may be scanned and emailed to NFAFax@atf.gov.

Note: while some have emailed them to the ATF in the past, this is the first time I've seen it included as a valid option on the form

Feedback Score
    I I missed that the form does not have to be printed front back

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm unclear on what needs to go into the "ORI" section of the fingerprint cards.

Is it left blank so that when ATF receives it they fill it in or do I enter "WVATF0800, ATF-NATL TRA CTR, Martinsberg, WV"?

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse H View Post
    I'm unclear on what needs to go into the "ORI" section of the fingerprint cards.

Is it left blank so that when ATF receives it they fill it in or do I enter "WVATF0800, ATF-NATL TRA CTR, Martinsberg, WV"?

Thank you.
    The picture with the red ink in the how-to is the card you get when you order the correct cards from the ATF. If you have blank ones, you need to put that info there.

If you sent it in blank, would the ATF put a label there? Maybe so...but I'd have it written/printed there anyway.

Feedback Score
    Can you still use the form from SilencerLoft? Just fill it out the blanks with the computer and print them? Instead of prinitng them out and filling them out by hand?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rboitano View Post
    Can you still use the form from SilencerLoft? Just fill it out the blanks with the computer and print them? Instead of prinitng them out and filling them out by hand?
    As long as it's the current form, yes.

But you can do it yourself using the form on atf.gov. Just don't open it in a browser. Save it to your computer, then open it in Adobe. Works fine for me that way.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast