Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Work In Progress: new F1/F4 guide for 41F submissions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by peruna; 07-13-17 at 21:48.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    On the CLEO copy it says "Affix Recent Photograph Here" in the same locations as the other copies. If you're putting pictures on the other copies, then I don't see how you'd avoid putting one on the CLEO copy.
    In the instructions it says only to be completed if maker is an individual or something to that effect. If you are filling out as a trust, CLEO and ATF get that same information but in the Responsible Person form (separate).

Feedback Score
    Sent both my Form 1's in last week. They didnt waste any time cashing my checks, they were charged the day they got them. Wonder how long it will take? I filed a paper Form 1 July 11 2016, cause I couldn't get on Eforms, got my stamp back July 8th. I think the they are close to getting through all the Pre 41F. I seen someone on Instagram get 2 Form 4's back today , they were both Filed Post 41F, look like they were filed Mid July of last year.

Feedback Score
    The plot is beginning to scatter on NFA tracker... I think they are close to getting through the back log as well. Hopefully, times will drop to a month or two... I know the number of applications submitted has dropped dramatically.

Feedback Score
    I'm filling out a Form 1 as an individual for my Galil Ace. 4a states "Name and Address of Original Manufacturer and/or Importer of Firearm (if any)". The previous version simply stated "Name and Location of Original Manufacturer of Firearm". For imported firearms, in the past I would simply put the manufacturer's name, city and country. My Galil Ace is engraved with "IWI US, Inc. Harrisburg, PA" (importer) and "IWI - Israel" (manufacturer). For those modifying imported firearms, did you put both? It says "and", so I don't see how it's to be avoided, but the space is pretty limited. This seems like a pretty significant change that I don't believe has been previously discussed.

Feedback Score
    I'd put the importer in 4a, and the manufacturer in 4h as an additional marking...if it won't also fit in 4a.

Feedback Score
    I managed to cram them both in 4a. It should be acceptable, but we'll find out for sure in a year or so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'm filling out a Form 1 as an individual for my Galil Ace. 4a states "Name and Address of Original Manufacturer and/or Importer of Firearm (if any)". The previous version simply stated "Name and Location of Original Manufacturer of Firearm". For imported firearms, in the past I would simply put the manufacturer's name, city and country. My Galil Ace is engraved with "IWI US, Inc. Harrisburg, PA" (importer) and "IWI - Israel" (manufacturer). For those modifying imported firearms, did you put both? It says "and", so I don't see how it's to be avoided, but the space is pretty limited. This seems like a pretty significant change that I don't believe has been previously discussed.
    I just received back a new Form 1 that I sent in previous to the Ace Form 1. I didn't fill out the complete address and it was still approved.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Question re: 4h and engraving:

Will I need my full name engraved or can I use my first initial and last name along with city and state?

Also, should I include all the BCM markings as well? i.e. Logo and caliber etc thats stamped into the mag well?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Question re: 4h and engraving:
    Will I need my full name engraved or can I use my first initial and last name along with city and state?
    I'm pretty sure you'll need to engrave your full first name, but someone else can come along and confirm this for sure.

Also, should I include all the BCM markings as well? i.e. Logo and caliber etc thats stamped into the mag well?[/QUOTE]
    I've never done that on any Form 1 or Form 4, including the new 41F Form 1 that was just approved, and they've all been approved. The cartridge designation is what you'll put in 4C, though I don't know what to do if the actual cartridge is different than what's marked or if the receiver is marked Multi.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast