Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Work In Progress: new F1/F4 guide for 41F submissions

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Question re: 4h and engraving:

Will I need my full name engraved or can I use my first initial and last name along with city and state?

Also, should I include all the BCM markings as well? i.e. Logo and caliber etc thats stamped into the mag well?
    BigWaylon got back to me by PM so I'm good. thanks
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I forgot, do I have to submit two copies of everything? other than the CLEO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rboitano View Post
    I forgot, do I have to submit two copies of everything? other than the CLEO.
    Depends on exactly what you're submitting.

For an individual submission, you send two copies of the F1 or F4 to the ATF and a single copy to the CLEO (each one is labeled in the footer).
    For an entity submission, you send two copies of the F1/F4 and one copy of the 5320.23 to the ATF, plus one copy of the F1/F4 and one copy of the 5320.23 to the CLEO.

Photos and fingerprints go to the ATF, but not the CLEO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Depends on exactly what you're submitting.

For an individual submission, you send two copies of the F1 or F4 to the ATF and a single copy to the CLEO (each one is labeled in the footer).
    For an entity submission, you send two copies of the F1/F4 and one copy of the 5320.23 to the ATF, plus one copy of the F1/F4 and one copy of the 5320.23 to the CLEO.

Photos and fingerprints go to the ATF, but not the CLEO.
    I submitted the ATF Copy (3 pages) and the ATF Copy 2 (3 pages) To be Returned to Registrant. So a total of 6 pages. Thats correct right? I did this back in July and got approved but i couldnt remember if i sent two copies of both.

Feedback Score
    Its for an Individual Form 1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rboitano View Post
    I submitted the ATF Copy (3 pages) and the ATF Copy 2 (3 pages) To be Returned to Registrant. So a total of 6 pages. Thats correct right? I did this back in July and got approved but i couldnt remember if i sent two copies of both.
    That's correct. You don't send additional copies of the ATF Copy and ATF Copy 2 To be Returned to Registrant. You should have also sent the CLEO copy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I did a 5320.20 for an SBR when I moved out of Texas several years ago. I still have and use a permanent address for my trust in Texas with an AOW and suppressor on it. I am PCSing to another state again, so my question is for the Registered owner address.

For the new 5320.20 do I put the address the SBR is currently at or the original Texas address for the trust at "1. Name and Address of Registered Owner"?
    Last edited by hobojoe; 04-10-18 at 09:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hobojoe View Post
    I did a 5320.20 for an SBR when I moved out of Texas several years ago. I still have and use a permanent address for my trust in Texas with an AOW and suppressor on it. I am PCSing to another state again, so my question is for the Registered owner address.

For the new 5320.20 do I put the address the SBR is currently at or the original Texas address for the trust at "1. Name and Address of Registered Owner"?
    It's in the registry (because of a previous 5320.20) with your current address, correct? That's what you'd use as the "From" location, and your future address as the "To".

It never has to match the F1/F4 again. It should always be the current address as the "From" unless you moved in-state and opted not to notify the ATF.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 04-10-18 at 18:24.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    @BigWaylon - you're an invaluable asset to our community! Thank you for all the time you take to do these write ups and answer questions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    @BigWaylon - you're an invaluable asset to our community! Thank you for all the time you take to do these write ups and answer questions.
    Hmmm...if I become valuable instead, does that mean I get put on payroll?

Just glad I can help, as we've all been there (even if some people seem to forget that time in their lives).
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 04-11-18 at 11:17. Reason: Out = Put :(

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast