Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Work In Progress: new F1/F4 guide for 41F submissions

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    This is a very big help, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very nice!

My only question is what if someone were to skip the CLEO notification part? Does the ATF call and check?

Not saying I would, but why put it in there if there is no action required on their part.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jliddle View Post
    Very nice!

My only question is what if someone were to skip the CLEO notification part? Does the ATF call and check?

Not saying I would, but why put it in there if there is no action required on their part.
    You get hauled off to jail and beat with a wet fish!!!

No idea if it would ever come to light. But, you fill the Notification info and sign it certifying you did it...so it's all on you at that point. But, you also only have to send it. There's no delivery/opening/read receipt required. Hopefully they all just get tossed in the shredder.

Feedback Score
    a tip I saw posted elsewhere...but haven't tried, yet

if you'll save the form and then open it in Adobe, instead of trying to use it in the browser window, the 2nd & 3rd copies will populate using the info you type in the first one...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Appreciate the work you put into this BW

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    You get hauled off to jail and beat with a wet fish!!!

No idea if it would ever come to light. But, you fill the Notification info and sign it certifying you did it...so it's all on you at that point. But, you also only have to send it. There's no delivery/opening/read receipt required. Hopefully they all just get tossed in the shredder.
    I'd do it like I do the notification on my Type 03 FFL. Send it over certified mail with signature/delivery confirmation with a short letter of explanation/instruction. A few bucks to the USPS to avoid the federal pen is a fair trade I think....

Feedback Score
    I'm not worrying about it for a second. The new forms include this section:

Information for the Chief Law Enforcement Officer
    This form provides notification of the applicant's intent to make and register a National Firearms Act (NFA) firearm. No action on your part is required. However, should you have information that may disqualify this person from making or possessing a firearm, please contact the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4500 or NFA @atf.gov. A "Yes" answer to items 11.a through 11.h or 13.a or 13.b could disqualify a person from acquiring or possessing a firearm. Also, ATF will not approve an application if the making or possession of the firearm is in violation of State or local law.

There was also an ATF open letter sent to CLEO that says basically the same thing...as well as saying CLEO can decide whether and how to regain or dispose of the notification.

I'll send it regular mail with a stamp.

Feedback Score
    Wow......Thanks for the research and instruction. Definitely needs to be a sticky.....
    Last edited by billybronco; 07-11-16 at 11:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you Big Waylon. This is a very nice write up.

Is there anything I can do to support your effort by buying something or a donation?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx View Post
    Is there anything I can do to support your effort by buying something or a donation?
    Not, yet...but thanks for the offer. So far I've survived with the free PB account. I did run into a bandwidth issue on the eForms Visual Guide, but I just signed up for a second account with another email address and split the pics between the two. My cost has only been my time to create and update the threads.

The traffic on that one should die this week, and the new traffic will come for this thread (and the identical one I posted on 5 other sites).

So...we're good until the pics don't show up.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 07-11-16 at 14:33.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast