Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Work In Progress: new F1/F4 guide for 41F submissions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Waylon,

Is it recommended to include pictures of the receiver with the Form 1? Showing serial and engraving?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jliddle View Post
    Waylon,

Is it recommended to include pictures of the receiver with the Form 1? Showing serial and engraving?
    I've always done it in eForms, but never done it with a paper form.

Main reason was they would Disapprove an eForm vs (usually) just sending an error letter on a paper form.

ETA: if you had something questionable/odd, I don't think it would hurt to send a pic...just make sure you put the model and SN as engraved so it matches.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 03-18-17 at 11:35.

Feedback Score
    Below are responses received from ATF regarding a few 41F questions.

Q: For a person applying as an individual, does a photo need to be affixed to the CLEO Copy of the Form 1 or Form 4?
    A: No, the CLEO copy does not require photographs.

Q: For a person applying as an individual, does page three need to be submitted for the CLEO or Applicant copies?
    A: No, applicants submitting as individuals do not need to complete page three.

Q: If multiple NFA applications (e.g. three suppressors) are submitted for the same person/entity in the same envelope, is one pair of FD-258 cards for the applicant or each responsible person acceptable, or does each have to submit 3 pairs (6 FD-258 cards)?
    A: You would be required to submit 3 pair until further notice.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Below are responses received from ATF regarding a few 41F questions.

Q: For a person applying as an individual, does a photo need to be affixed to the CLEO Copy of the Form 1 or Form 4?
    A: No, the CLEO copy does not require photographs.

This is good to know because I am getting ready to send in a form 1 for a MP5 clone and have been researching it a while. Since the CLEO copy has a space for photographs I wonder I wonder if that is going to be problematic? Yes it has been changed from signature to notification but it also says that the CLEO can notify the ATF if they have any objections to the application. The local Sheriff here used to send out an officer to "inspect the storage facility" anytime a form 1 was sent in so everyone here used a trust. Now do I expect a visit since he gets a notification regardless and will he send in that objection to the ATF if I refuse? Only time will tell. I wish the one I wanted would have been in stock and delivered before this nonsense went into affect.
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim and Personal Protection in the Home
    Full time instructor for Florida Firearms Training
    21 years as USAF Combat Arms Instructor and First Sergeant

Feedback Score
    It weird, because the 5320.23 has the photo grayed out on the CLEO Copy. Wish the F1/F4 did.

With just a Notification requirement, that officer better not show up without a warrant. He'd be lying if he called the ATF to express concern over a non-extent, none-of-his-business issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AFshirt View Post
    The local Sheriff here used to send out an officer to "inspect the storage facility" anytime a form 1 was sent in
    I hope you've been donating to his opponents at election time.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I hope you've been donating to his opponents at election time.
    The sad part is the guy he replaced wouldn't even consider signing one so everyone here is ok with 4th amendment violations in order to get a signtature.
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim and Personal Protection in the Home
    Full time instructor for Florida Firearms Training
    21 years as USAF Combat Arms Instructor and First Sergeant

Feedback Score
    Hi All:

I am filling out my F4 as an individual and for a supressor. I have the following questions:

1. It is not a machine gun, SBR, or destructive device is it?
    2. F4 Transferee Certification: do I need to fill it out? Instruction 2 only says to fill it out for a machine gun, SBR, or destructive device.
    3. if i have to do that section, what reason do I put?
    4. Anyone have any boilerplate language for notifying my CLEO?

Thanks
    Because of their tremendous reputation, the soldiers of the old guard were permitted liberties which would not have been tolerated in other units. When Napoleon met Tsar Alexander of Russia at Tilsit in 1807 he pointed to a terribly scarred Grenadier. "What do you think of men who can endure such wounds?" he asked. " and what do you think of men who can inflict them?" replied the Tsar. "They're all dead!" interjected the Grenadier, settling the issue once and for all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by general_purpose View Post
    Hi All:

I am filling out my F4 as an individual and for a supressor. I have the following questions:

1. It is not a machine gun, SBR, or destructive device is it?
    2. F4 Transferee Certification: do I need to fill it out? Instruction 2 only says to fill it out for a machine gun, SBR, or destructive device.
    3. if i have to do that section, what reason do I put?
    4. Anyone have any boilerplate language for notifying my CLEO?

Thanks
    Are you using the current form? Your question about the Transferee Certification makes me think otherwise.

The newest form says, in (2)(d)(2):

If the transferee is an individual, the entire Form 4 shall be completed except for items 18 and 19. In addition, the transferee must include his or her fingerprints on FBI Form FD-258 and his or her photos (see instruction 2g).

1. No, it's a Silencer.
    2. Instruction (2)(e) says to fill out 13 if it's an SBR, SBS, MG or DD, so you'd skip it
    3. Most use something along the lines of "all lawful purposes", but many things work
    4. Yes, it's right on the form. You send them a copy of the F4, that's it...and log the info on the form.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Are you using the current form? Your question about the Transferee Certification makes me think otherwise.

The newest form says, in (2)(d)(2):

If the transferee is an individual, the entire Form 4 shall be completed except for items 18 and 19. In addition, the transferee must include his or her fingerprints on FBI Form FD-258 and his or her photos (see instruction 2g).

1. No, it's a Silencer.
    2. Instruction (2)(e) says to fill out 13 if it's an SBR, SBS, MG or DD, so you'd skip it
    3. Most use something along the lines of "all lawful purposes", but many things work
    4. Yes, it's right on the form. You send them a copy of the F4, that's it...and log the info on the form.
    I'm using the F4 that I got from my dealer, with his signature on it. ATF form 4 5320.4 Revised July 2014. I also got a ATF Form 5330.20 Revised April 2006.
    Because of their tremendous reputation, the soldiers of the old guard were permitted liberties which would not have been tolerated in other units. When Napoleon met Tsar Alexander of Russia at Tilsit in 1807 he pointed to a terribly scarred Grenadier. "What do you think of men who can endure such wounds?" he asked. " and what do you think of men who can inflict them?" replied the Tsar. "They're all dead!" interjected the Grenadier, settling the issue once and for all.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast