Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Work In Progress: new F1/F4 guide for 41F submissions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AFshirt View Post
    Ok been reading this trying to find an answer but not sure of this one. I am filling out a Form 1 under a trust. I have the entire form filled out. I have the ATF copy, CLEO copy and the copy to be returned to be finished. I have a responsible person form filled out for everyone on the trust with photo of everyone attached. Do I need to send in 1 or 2 copies of that responsible person form with pictures? I have two fingerprint cards for everyone but only 1 responsible person card and photo right now.

Once I get this I can send in the package. Thank You.
    One RPQ (with pic) to ATF...don't need a second because they don't send one back. One RPQ (no pic) to the respective CLEO for each RP. Two FD-258LE cards for each RP, for each form, goes to the ATF...no prints to the CLEO.

Feedback Score
    I hear most people pay by check, anyone use debit card? My bank account, thus my billing address is from another state (non NFA state), but I am a resident of AZ. I wonder if the ATF would return the form with a check/debit info from a different state?

Any thoughts? I'd rather not have the forms returned in error.

For example, I am submitting a form 1 for an SBR lower as a resident of Arizona (where I live). However, as a student in California, my checks and billing address have a California address. This leaves two options, send a check with a CA address, or have a friend in Arizona write a check for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 68whiskeyncoke View Post
    I hear most people pay by check, anyone use debit card? My bank account, thus my billing address is from another state (non NFA state), but I am a resident of AZ. I wonder if the ATF would return the form with a check/debit info from a different state?

Any thoughts? I'd rather not have the forms returned in error.

For example, I am submitting a form 1 for an SBR lower as a resident of Arizona (where I live). However, as a student in California, my checks and billing address have a California address. This leaves two options, send a check with a CA address, or have a friend in Arizona write a check for me.
    I've paid for my last 30 or so with a CC.

State not matching shouldn't matter one bit. You just need to the correct CC info on page 3. The ATF won't even see it until the payment has been processed, and the bank surely won't care.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 09-12-16 at 21:12.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    One RPQ (with pic) to ATF...don't need a second because they don't send one back. One RPQ (no pic) to the respective CLEO for each RP. Two FD-258LE cards for each RP, for each form, goes to the ATF...no prints to the CLEO.
    So three total fingerprint cards for a Form 1 submission? One with the Form and two with the RPQ? I've got to re-read this to make sure I have everything before sending my stuff in.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No, two fingerprint cards and one passport-size photo with each RPQ sent to ATF.

No fingerprint cards or photo with the Form 1 itself if using a trust.
    Last edited by peruna; 09-13-16 at 13:23.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
    No, two fingerprint cards and one passport-size photo with each RPQ sent to ATF.

No fingerprint cards or photo with the Form 1 itself if using a trust.
    Thanks!
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    Did this by request on another site, figured I'd post it here as well. Current form is available here.

1. Provide registered name (from F1/F4) and address
    1a. Provide phone number
    2. Mark "yes" if coming back, or "No" if it's a move
    3. Provide dates. You can enter up to a year, so 1/1-12/31, or 9/21-9/20, etc. I send mine in each fall for the entire next year.

4. Provide the following:
    •Manufacturer: I've always put the original manufacturer for a Form 1 SBR, not my trust name as Maker. But, I know people that put their name (or trust/corp/LLC name) and get approved.
    •Type of Firearm: Use the appropriate category from the six. I use the abbreviation, like SBR/SBS, but you can also spell them out.
    •Serviceable: most likely "yes", assuming the firearm is in working condition
    •Caliber or Gauge: I put the caliber/gauge that matches current config, even if it doesn't match the F1/F4. I've heard some reports of people getting push back if it doesn't match, but I've never had a problem.
    •Model: same info from F1/F4
    •Barrel Length: again, I provide the current config, even if it doesn't match the F1/F4
    •Overall Length: same answer as barrel length
    •Serial Number: should match F1/F4
    5. Provide a reason. I've always had success with the generic "all lawful reasons" type answer, but I've seen some people get push back from ATF requesting a specific activity.

6. Provide the current location of firearm(s)
    7. Provide the destination address. They used to take an intersection, or even GPS coordinates, but I've seen reports of those getting kicked back. I've always used an actual address...usually just picked a range somewhere in the state. Remember, intrastate travel isn't limited...so you just need permission to cross the state line.
    8. Mode of Transportation: I've always used "personal vehicle"
    9-11. Usually left blank, but populate if appropriate
    12. Sign form. I sign my name and then print "as Trustee"
    13. Provide date

Here's a completed form I just got back. It's one of the custom ones I did that has 11 firearms instead of the 3 the actual form has. Note that I did put my AOW, although it's not required. I have never submitted one for a Silencer.

You'll need two copies for each state. You can mail them to the address in the Instructions:
    Director, BATFE
    244 Needy Road
    Martinsburg, WV 25405
    Attention: NFA Branch

The form can also be submitted via facsimile to the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4501 or may be scanned and emailed to NFAFax@atf.gov.

In addition to mailing them, I've also faxed them and emailed them, but snail mail works more consistently. The faxes and emails sometimes get lost. Regardless of submission method, it will be folded and mailed back to the name & address in Item 1.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 06-30-17 at 14:20.

Feedback Score
    Great job as always

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
    Great job as always

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Seriously.

While we're at any chance someone could post a completed form 1 I could reference? Redact as needed of course.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Seriously.

While we're at any chance someone could post a completed form 1 I could reference? Redact as needed of course.
    Probably.

I'll fill out a generic one and post it up in the next day or so.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast