Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most expensive pistol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Most expensive pistol

I have bought many pistols. Trying to find perfection, has been difficult.

I started with a Glock 38, which at the time somehow made sense to me.
    From there I transitioned to the Glock 17, but it was too big for daily carry. I purchased this gun during the scare of 2008, and I really had wanted a Glock 19.
    I abandoned Glocks because I felt the trigger was hindering me and I bought the second worst pistol I have owned the Bul M5.... malfunction city.
    From their I went to the Springfield Loaded.... it sucked and had issues that made it spend more time at Springfield than in my holster. I could never trust it.

I bought a high end 1911, a Les Baer TRS. Great Pistol but even it malfunctioned when pushed hard at all day competitions and classes. The trigger and the accuracy though were amazing. I did win some single stack divisions and felt relatively confident with it, but at 3 pounds for 8+1 rounds of .45 it was cumbersome.

So I tried the Hi Power. The trigger was better than a Glock but it was still heavy and while more reliable than my les Baer it never reached reliability of my first two pistols.

I gave up and just switched to a PF-9 for pocket carry. I did this for a year. I hated that pistol so much that even though it easily slipped into a pocket I felt I was better defended with running away or getting hands on than using quite possibly the worst trigger on the planet.

Yesterday I finally got the Glock 19...... it took me spending 4500$ to get here. And yes it will need some trigger work ~150 to bring it to a level I am happy with, and about 120-150 on sights, and maybe a match grade barrel, but then I am done. All my G17 stuff (although the pistol is gone) will work for it as will most of the holsters for my G38 (and that pistol is long gone as well).

The G19 is the most expensive pistol I have come to, because I stubbornly tried to find better instead of just accepting it for what it is. A boringly reliable, pistol that just needs a little help to make it ergonomic.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Guns arre learning curve. You start at one point thinking at the time this THE gun for me, then things change and sometimes the ever evolving world of guns conspires against you. I started when DA/SA metal framed semiautos were it. I joined the "S&W gun of the month club" trying different calibers,sizes action types etc for a few years. Glocks, really!?!? There made of the same thing as my Rubbermaid pail I wash the cars with, never will own one...riiiight!! Fast foward and now my EDC is a G19 w/ a G26 backup soon to be a G42. Oh well it was fun/frustrating time

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm pretty sure everyone goes through this. I went from an XD to Hk to M&P to CZ. Problem is I didn't sell any of them but the XD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I did something similar for quite a few years looking for the "ultimate handgun".

I went looking to replace my DA/SA pistol cause it was "obsolete". Started by chasing the striker unicorn (Glock to S&W to FN) then deciding that the 1911 was IT (4 pistols later I ended up keeping one) before ending up right back where I started with DA/SA (Beretta and a couple of HK's).

I would have saved quite a lot of money if I hadn't listened to the hype train and just keep my original Beretta and added the HK's like I had wanted to.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Ill save you a few more dollars and tell you the match grade barrel isnt necessary. I have used the KKM and the Wilson Combat. The Wilson was noticeable for me but did nothing that I havent seen more skilled shooters do with the OEM barrel. Their stock barrels are actually quite good considering the price.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah I am considering a Suarez trigger kit, and debating between trijicon HD or the Vickers tritium rear and front. Wilson seems to be out of the tritium fronts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Trijicon HDs are nice. I have them in my M&P.

Don't have any other combat sight experience though as all of my other pistols are running competition FO sights.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    10-8 is another good option. I prefer FO always and the 10-8 FS has an additional support "beam" to protect the rod. Never had an issue on any gun.
    HiViz has a FO FS that is completely shielded as wel.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On my 1911s I used Warren tactical black aerated rear and red FO front. It was awesome during day. Terrible at night. Of course my pistol had no rail I don't know if a light will light up the FO at all.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have used my FO sights at night and with the weapon mounted light you can see your sights. It doesn't light them up and glow like the sun does but you can see the outline and get a good sight picture.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast