Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 12.5" General Purpose Rifle (Now 11.5")

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Lol at changing thread title. Good form.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankenstein View Post
    Lol, wow did I stir the pot. Wasn't intentional. I suppose it's not your fault, euro, this whole subforum is mislabeled and I don't spend enough time here to have ever noticed.

No need to mine iron ore and bauxite... There is, of course, a middle ground that you are aware of. Being dramatic really drives home your point. Problem is you don't have a point. Nearly every AR "build" is an assembly when you start with a 100% receiver. Everything just drops right in. No real gunsmithing involved. Build an AK from a blank or flat, for example. Words are words for a reason, and they have meaning. (Cue someone quoting websters.com... Cool... Why don't you look up how they define assault rifle while you're at it).

Sorry to interrupt the party and "diss" a forum favorite. The rifle is pretty cool and I wasn't trying to be that big of a dick. Suppose it just comes natural to me? No hard feelings on my end, please continue to bust my balls (BIG balls from all that hCG) should you feel the need.
    Hey , Line them out Frank , lol ....

Ya it's me . just a NFG here .

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fly View Post
    Hey , Line them out Frank , lol ....

Ya it's me . just a NFG here .
    Fly!!! Good to have you here.

Feedback Score
    Just to pay devil's advocate, according to the ATF's definition if I were to assemble a complete upper with a short barrel onto a lower receiver I would be "making" an SBR. Do you should now change the thread title to Super Basic KISS "Make"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankenstein View Post
    Fly!!! Good to have you here.

Ya , trying to get out more , Having a hard time finding my way around this site . It's Hell being the NFG ....lol....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fly View Post
    Ya , trying to get out more , Having a hard time finding my way around this site . It's Hell being the NFG ....lol....
    I'm a NFG here too. It took like an entire month for my forum registration to be approved for some reason.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthOPS32 View Post
    I'm a NFG here too. It took like an entire month for my forum registration to be approved for some reason.

I thought it took me a long time , but a month ? Wow

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    No no no, it's not semantics.

Even though the lower was bought stripped I merely "assembled" the pieces. The upper was in fact, bought as a complete upper from BCM but then I merely "disassembled" it, removed the delta ring and handguard cap, and then "reassembled" it.

So you see? I didn't build anything. I have read Flankenstein's threads and he builds his stuff. He mines the iron ore and bauxite, turns it into steel and aluminum (respectively) and then forges the pieces for his ARs.
    Dude, your "edit reasons" are why I read all your posts...f'ing passive-aggressive gold I say!!!

Lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Very nice set up. But the title of the thread is a bit wordy.........

12.5" ARs are what I would call the best all around set up. It it the most versatile I have found. After I got my first everything else seams like a wast of time. I now have three 12.5" guns any that is mostly what I shoot.

Why that location for the laser? I guess I just prefer the 12' o-clock for mine.

I have the same AAC cans as you and a Mini 4. I only use breaks and the BC 51t on them. After several years it has saved the cans some wear.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    Dude, your "edit reasons" are why I read all your posts...f'ing passive-aggressive gold I say!!!

Lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Very nice set up. But the title of the thread is a bit wordy.........

12.5" ARs are what I would call the best all around set up. It it the most versatile I have found. After I got my first everything else seams like a wast of time. I now have three 12.5" guns any that is mostly what I shoot.

Why that location for the laser? I guess I just prefer the 12' o-clock for mine.

I have the same AAC cans as you and a Mini 4. I only use breaks and the BC 51t on them. After several years it has saved the cans some wear.
    Read the whole thread, you'll get the reason for the title

I had a BC 51.0 on an 11.5" I actually really liked it, but dude it is LOUD! I think a 51.0 on a 12.5" would be a bit better, but I don't plan to shoot this suppressed very often (with the laser, the FSB, the quad rail, and the light it is pretty front heavy even without the can)

I like 12:00 too but in certain light the PEQ casts a shadow on the optic, and you couldn't use the tape switch at 12:00 and still have enough room for the laser. The rail was chosen deliberately because you can get the laser up next to the FSB out of the way.

It's basically like having an entire midlength rail with zero the clutter yet the rifle still has a white light and laser.

Harking back to the weight - I am kind of wishing I put a UBR on this to balance it out a bit. When suppressed it really is pretty front heavy.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 07-16-16 at 18:28.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast