Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are CZ pistols such great deals?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My interest began as a result of Mr Pannone's thread here on the P-07, having been essentially a Glock only guy for quite some time. Glocks are easy, parts are everywhere and they are as we all know stupid simple. However, I personally get much better performance from CZ, and I now own six of them. Accuracy tops Glock in spades, and with a few simple part swaps, I have no complaints about triggers/etc. A P-07 with a lighter hammer spring, extended firing pin and lighter FPB spring (total about $45 from CGW) and it shoots fantastic! I don't plan on parting with my Glocks, but I haven't shot them in quite some time. The only real negative I have is that the mags are spendy, and parts are a bit more difficult to source, but big kudos to CGW their shipping times are lightning fast and their customer service rivals anyone I have dealt with. I am a total convert now.

As an aside they perform very well suppressed, definitely a quieter gun than a Glock.

This was my first time out with a bone stock 75BD Police on Dot Torture, the stock trigger isn't all that bad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BTL BRN; 07-13-16 at 07:50.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The triggers are just OK - nothing more. My transitional came with a VERY good SA, and now the DA is great - so they have potential. But, OTB they are shootable and accurate - and they ARE reliable, so they count as a good combat pistol. If you have someone local, and can get a trigger job for a reasonable price, they are excellent. the Omega does improve things OTB. They were my first 9, and they now have cheap mags etc. However, the P 07/09 need to get MecGar licensed to sell.

Feedback Score
    I bought one of the Israeli surplus CZ-75's imported by Cole. I paid under $300. I've sent it off to Cajun Gun Works for their carry package and to put a decent front sight on the pistol. Then for Cerakote. I was able to get magazines at CDNN for less than $20. I'm looking forward to getting it back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    A really good deal is the 75s with the sickle on it. My friend picked one up to close to 300-$350. No one wants them, lol.
    I'm pretty sure the one with the sickle on it was the CZ75 Cold War Commemorative model. LGS had one for $599, IIRC I read somewhere they were limited to 999 units. If that's the one your friend got they got a smoking deal. The one I saw had a red sickle and the writing on the slide was in Cyrillic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by July4th View Post
    I'm pretty sure the one with the sickle on it was the CZ75 Cold War Commemorative model. LGS had one for $599, IIRC I read somewhere they were limited to 999 units. If that's the one your friend got they got a smoking deal. The one I saw had a red sickle and the writing on the slide was in Cyrillic.
    I just googled that and instantly found a place with two in stock for 569. That is a hell of a deal indeed.

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine has one. Pretty sweet shooter.

I think CZs are unsung.

Feedback Score
    A Cz75 SP01 tactical was the gun that got me into shooting. I have since sold it to fund my AR project. But I still have my FNS40, which is another great shooting pistol.

But an urban grey p07 with threaded barrel and suppressor sights is in my future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I think the 'CZ secret' is getting out, years ago CZs weren't available locally except for the occasional used one. But when I did come across one it was usually pretty cheap. Now one of our local shops is an authorized CZ dealer.

I bought a used CZ97B years ago, still one of my favorite pistols, with a sweet SA pull. Also bought a new P-07 for $350 when they first rolled out. The Omega trigger in the P-07 was one of the best factory triggers I've ever shot. I was also shooting a gen 3 Glock G34 at the time, and always wondered how CZ could produce a pistol that felt so good in my hand and the G34 felt like a brick with a limp trigger.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by July4th View Post
    CZ did a second run on these so there are now either 1999 or 2000 in circulation. However from past readings it would appear that only 500 made it to the US from the original 999 so I am assuming it would be the same for this second batch.
    Last edited by murphman; 08-12-16 at 15:19.
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by murphman View Post
    CZ did a second run on these so there are now either 1999 or 2000 in circulation. However from past readings it would appear that only 500 made it to the US from the original 999 so I am assuming it would be the same for this second batch.
    Do you know why only 500 made it here and where the other 499 went?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast