Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are CZ pistols such great deals?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by July4th View Post
    Do you know why only 500 made it here and where the other 499 went?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    I think only CZ in the Czech Republic would know for certain, but it's probably safe to speculate that the 499 that didn't come into the US went to CZ employees, CZ's reference collection/museum, Czech, Slovakian, Slovenian, Polish, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, German, Northern Irish, Isle of Manners (Man Islanders? Whatever) and other European countries where handguns are legal, South Africa, Russia, the Philippines, Israel, the Islamic Middle East, and the collections of various lesser tyrants with a hard-on for the Soviet Union.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Does the CZ models come in a compact size.Im new to these pistols

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by July4th View Post
    Do you know why only 500 made it here and where the other 499 went?

Split between U.S. and Europe probably.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alcante262 View Post
    Does the CZ models come in a compact size.Im new to these pistols
    Not sure if I really understand your question but i will try to help.

There are three major style/design/type/model of CZ pistols.

1. 75 series are metal/aluminum and their off shoots. There are the full size 75 and the "compact" 75. There are 3 compact 75 are known as the Compact, PCR and P01 models. The compact and the PCR does not have a light rail. The P01 has a rail.

2. The P series are polymer. The P09 is a full size and hold 19 rounds in their magazines. The P07 is a compact size and hold 16 or 15, depending on the magazines.

3. The Rami series. They are metal and only come in compact size.

I suggest going to the CZ website to learn about the various details and differences within each model.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    the CZ 75 and 97's are some of my favorite pistols, especially the CZ 97BD. it's a beast. some of the clones are also really great values. my Tristar T-120 has been a great shooter and blast at the range. For the price pretty hard to beat. I do not own any of the Tanfoglio (imported by EAA) clones but many folks are very happy with them. my next CZ clone acquisition will probably be a Tanfoglio of some sort, possibly their 45acp (CZ 97 clone) variant.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    CZ is a fantastic firearm.

I carried this CZ PCR custom after when I was no longer required to carry the SIG P228

I kept it until I bought an M&P as a foray into strikers (which I dumped and now run Glocks exclusively).

I keep this it out of sentiment. Class written all over it. Sights are hard to come by … but this is my favorite DA/SA pistol ever.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I think only CZ in the Czech Republic would know for certain, but it's probably safe to speculate that the 499 that didn't come into the US went to CZ employees, CZ's reference collection/museum, Czech, Slovakian, Slovenian, Polish, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, German, Northern Irish, Isle of Manners (Man Islanders? Whatever) and other European countries where handguns are legal, South Africa, Russia, the Philippines, Israel, the Islamic Middle East, and the collections of various lesser tyrants with a hard-on for the Soviet Union.
    Makes sense. IIRC I read somewhere right before I bought a 30th Armed Forces Anniversary M9 that around half of the 2015 produced were in 9x21 for the Italian market since they couldn't own 9x19 because it was a military caliber.

Feedback Score
    I have a pretty decent collection of CZ75 pistols, variants and clones. Here are a few things to note.
    1) The standard version of the CZ75 has a DA/SA trigger and a manual safety. However, for all intents and purposes, they are single action pistols. In order to use one of these pistols in DA mode, you'd have to lower the hammer down with your thumb while pulling the trigger. It's a tricky proposition which can be done, but the downside is obvious if your thumb slips. Assuming you do manage to thumb down the hammer, the trigger is then in DA mode. However, the manual safety will no longer work. If you're skilled enough to thumb down a hammer over a live cartridge, you're skilled enough to carry a pistol cocked and locked. If you really want a CZ75 that starts in DA mode, then they offer the BD models which have decockers instead of manual safeties.
    2) The grip of the CZ75 is just about as perfect as you can get. The pistol points extremely well.
    3) Most CZ75 versions have small dot sights. I don't really understand this as it wouldn't really cost more to have dots a little larger. If you have young perfect vision, this is not a problem. However, if you're like me with older vision, you might have to plan on replacing the sights.
    4) The CZ75 is a wide pistol. Get one with an aluminum frame and it's even wider. This makes concealed carry problematic as you can either get a compact with a steel slide that's heavy or a lighter one with an aluminum slide that's even wider.
    5) There are CZ75 clones (Tristar, EAA Tanfoglio, etc.) that are less expensive and just as good if not better in some regards. The only real downside to the clones is that the importer support is not as good and the parts don't typically interchange (though many magazines do). EAA (the importer of the Italian Tanfoglio pistols) offers versions in 9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP, 38 Super, and 10mm. I even have a Witness Match that I converted from 9mm to 9x23Win.
    6) CZ75's and the clones have evolved over the years. As a result, magazine compatibility can be problematic even if a pistol has the same name. Ask about magazine compatibility before buying if you're not 100% sure.
    7) And this is the most important thing that I can tell you. If you don't want to own more than one, then don't buy the first. They're addicting and you'll find that they reproduce quickly.

9x23mm Witness Match:
    Last edited by Bret; 08-20-16 at 15:20.

Feedback Score
    For those who might want an excellent quality CZ75 clone with a polymer frame, you might consider the SAR B6P. They make both full sized and compact versions. RKGuns.com has them for $240 shipped right now.
    http://www.rkguns.com/eaa-sar-b6p-9m...ol-400422.html
    http://www.rkguns.com/eaa-sar-b6p-9m...ol-400424.html
    I have the compact version and a coworker has the full sized version. Both have run 100% since day one. Accuracy is good and the trigger is decent.

They're manufactured in Turkey if that matters.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Most people think of them as a tier two pistol. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that's the general consensus IMHO. Regardless, they have enough following to sell pistols in a very competitive market.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast