Thread: Safe Distance from Muzzle Device for 12 O'Clock-Mounted Light?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Safe Distance from Muzzle Device for 12 O'Clock-Mounted Light?

Just received my BCM Standard 16" Mid Length ELW Upper with the BCM KMR Alpha 15" handguard, which came with BCM's GunFighter comp.

Now, the light I'm going to use on this is the Inforce WML, which feels great when run all the way forward, meaning the base is flush with the end of the rail. The light bezel, however, sticks out about an inch forward from there, ending right at the rearward edge of the rearmost groove in the compensator. Is this too far forward? Will the gases coming out of the comp's ports damage the light if I run it like this, or merely deposit fouling on the lens (which, for me, is fine)?

Attachment 40429
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Should be fine; you'll see far worse on this forum. Wipe a bit of lube on the lens to make it easier to clean up.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    That is by far a very acceptable distance for any modern, well constructed gun light.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    My Inforce light is about that far form my muzzle, you'll be fine. Just rub some lube on the lens. I actually use chapstick.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Finally got around to the range for a basic sight-in of the irons. 150 rounds later, zero problems with the light at this position. Not even fouling on the lens.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.