Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barrel nut torque and accuracy.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd guess that truing up the receiver face would yield a better match up/lock up than going from 35 to 45 lbs, for example. It'd seem that a trued up receiver would require less torque to get a solid barrel/upper match up.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Truing the receiver face is nothing more than smoke smiths blow up your ass to make a few more bucks! An AR is NOT a bolt gun and never will be. Sorry Mark but I disagree with you on this topic.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Truing the receiver face is nothing more than smoke smiths blow up your ass to make a few more bucks! An AR is NOT a bolt gun and never will be. Sorry Mark but I disagree with you on this topic.
    It does align the bolt better for better life.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    It does align the bolt better for better life.
    Align the bolt with what??? Bullshit! Quit drinking the coolaid.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Align the bolt with what??? Bullshit! Quit drinking the coolaid.
    Align the bolt with the barrel extension. This is the same reason that during testing, it was shown that free-floated rails increased bolt-life. Less flex, better alignment. It's also the reason some companies won't warranty their bolts unless you send them the receiver to be trued...or just buy a MEGA upper instead (ARPerformance being one such company).

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Align the bolt with the barrel extension. This is the same reason that during testing, it was shown that free-floated rails increased bolt-life. Less flex, better alignment. It's also the reason some companies won't warranty their bolts unless you send them the receiver to be trued...or just buy a MEGA upper instead (ARPerformance being one such company).
    Winner winner chicken dinner.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    At 25#, you can't notice it on 99% of setups (ie. Any setup not in a lab or competition ). At 30# it becomes a topic worth debating.
    What do most people tq their suppressor mounts to. I feel like at least part of the tq range is sometimes over 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    What do most people tq their suppressor mounts to. I feel like at least part of the tq range is sometimes over 30.

I hit it right at 25. I use Resbond 907TS. It's like Rocksett (holds to 2200+ F), but it is only moderately stronger than loctite 242 and can be removed using a crescent wrench without any heat, boiling water, placenta from a unicorn, etc.

But, don't get me wrong, it's on there. Has been a better solution than Rocksett for me.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post

I shoot for 20, go up to 25. You can go up to 30 before problems exist, really, but at 25+ you can measurably confirm bore distortion. 20-25# is plenty. All my shooting nearly is done suppressed. Rocksett is recommended, but honestly, I feel that it's optional. Proper torque is primo. More than enough...is not necessary.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Enlighten me please.
    Not calling you out, just wondering what a Mega upper offers i could not get from a VLTOR MUR (for instance).
    Is there a step in their machining others skip? Never seen his mentioned. Which of course does not mean much.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast