Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint M4 vs T-2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    I can't tell any difference, but they all look like an 8moa sticker burr to me.
    I have the same problem due to eye surgery. Do you just work through it or have you gone with a different option?

Feedback Score
    Serious question....Other than esthetics why does it matter if an optic meant for close quarters has a blue tint?
    Last edited by rocketman; 07-26-16 at 09:05.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Serious question....Other than esthetics why does it matter if an optic meant for close quarters has a blue tint?
    It doesn't. Look at the numerous folks that have been shooting them for years and haven't noticed it. It's a non issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    It doesn't. Look at the numerous folks that have been shooting them for years and haven't noticed it. It's a non issue.
    I currently have a T2, several T1's an M4s, various and sundry inexpensive red dots for the range plus an ACOG. Evidently (and thankfully) my OCD doesn't extend to the color blue.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    If you try to shoot stuff out toward the end of the effective throw of a white light, it matters. For close range stuff where the optic is turned all the way up, it doesn't matter.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pv18463 View Post
    I have the same problem due to eye surgery. Do you just work through it or have you gone with a different option?
    I don't use them for anything past about 50 yards. ACOG 99% of the time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We have 8 M4's on our patrol rifles and now I'm going to have to go look and see if there is a blue tint. I have 1000's of rounds through them and never noticed. Time to hit up the optamologist.
    "One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistence, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

"One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress" --- John Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 293sheepdog View Post
    We have 8 M4's on our patrol rifles and now I'm going to have to go look and see if there is a blue tint. I have 1000's of rounds through them and never noticed. Time to hit up the optamologist.
    Completely off topic...but just wanted to say MUCH respect to you pro-gun law enforcement. Sometimes I consider no longer carrying due to things one sees online, but then remember multiple times I was minding my own and very nearly needed a firearm. You all have to potentially face deadly force yet understand those not looking for trouble may also be forced into the same. You accept that right and are real men for it.

Slightly on topic, I see no reason to select anything other than the micro dots at this point. I did buy a M4 because it takes AA(got to have a zombie outbreak battery supply you know). Micros have top end battery life, durability, and a dot is a dot. One with reduced size and weight only makes sense. I suppose a larger viewing window makes sense IF you use night vision. Maybe a mounting solution calls for using another style of rds, but in general give me a micro rds everytime. Blue, green, yellow, or dare I say it.......you thought I was going to say pink, orange.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserTag View Post
    Completely off topic...but just wanted to say MUCH respect to you pro-gun law enforcement. Sometimes I consider no longer carrying due to things one sees online, but then remember multiple times I was minding my own and very nearly needed a firearm. You all have to potentially face deadly force yet understand those not looking for trouble may also be forced into the same. You accept that right and are real men for it.

Slightly on topic, I see no reason to select anything other than the micro dots at this point. I did buy a M4 because it takes AA(got to have a zombie outbreak battery supply you know). Micros have top end battery life, durability, and a dot is a dot. One with reduced size and weight only makes sense. I suppose a larger viewing window makes sense IF you use night vision. Maybe a mounting solution calls for using another style of rds, but in general give me a micro rds everytime. Blue, green, yellow, or dare I say it.......you thought I was going to say pink, orange.
    Thank you for the kind words. I agree with the Micros but we already had a couple of Comp M4's before I took over. I like to keep things standardized. We do love the AA batteries and we turn them on and leave them on all the time. We change the battery once a year. Great sight and bullet proof.
    "One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistence, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

"One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress" --- John Adams

Feedback Score
    Makes perfect sense. 2nd part wasn't directed at you, just towards the thread discussion in general.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast