Thread: Brake Install: 700 SPS Tac

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Brake Install: 700 SPS Tac

I had the muzzle of my 700 SPS Tac (20 inch barrel, 1:12 twist) threaded 5/8 X 24 and installed a VG6 Precision Gamma 762 brake using the Precision Armaments Accu-Washer kit to time it. The OD of the brake matches the OD of the 700 SPS Tac barrel at .860" for an aesthetically pleasing fit. The exit hole of the brake measures .335".

The VG6 brakes have received mostly favorable reviews. My goal is to reduce muzzle jump/recoil to more easily spot my strikes on target, especially shooting on a tripod. I'll be getting out early next week to see how it performs.

Photos

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Looks like a very well designed brake. It should make that rifle a pleasure to shoot. It does look clean as well.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Looks like a very well designed brake. It should make that rifle a pleasure to shoot. It does look clean as well.
    Thanks! It certainly helps tame recoil and muzzle jump, even if it's not that bad with a 12-pound .308 to start with.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    Nice work. I'd never heard of any of those. It's kind of a combo compensator and brake. Huh

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That looks very slick. I have the 5.56 version on one of my AR's and if the 7.62 works as well, you should be in good shape.