Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAS3: Shell Shock Casings Finally Available!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

NAS3: Shell Shock Casings Finally Available!

Ammoland Article about Creedmoor

I may have missed them being available elsewhere, but I am happy to be getting what, I believe, is a box of the first commercial run.

I will give them a try, weigh them to my other ammo, I am not normally a +P kinda guy, so that will be new to me. Always used Hollys for self defense loads, but I kinda spoiled myself this go around as I rarely ever invest so much on ammo.

With shipping, from Creedmoor, it was 41.23. 29.50 for the ammo, 11.73 for shipping. Costs would be better had I purchased multiple boxes, but considering expense, and wanting as many folks around to give them a try/review, I figured one box would be the better way to go.

At least for the money, it comes with a nice looking plastic box (ammo can stackable it looks like). If it's stats run true, it will be a heck of a reliable cartridge casing, it will be cheap, highly re-loadable.

I will look into getting some dies and trying to reuse as many of these casing as I can, in the near future.

ETA:
    If you're interested, google "NAS3" and enjoy. They are going to be doing pistol and rifle casings, re-loadable 40+ times, no case rupture due to lack of full chamber support (10mm rejoice). Supposing these claims are valid (it has been years in the making and testing) than we are on our way to getting much more reliable ammo.

Oh, and you can anodize it to any color you like and make it purty. Plus, a roofer's magnet will pick up all your spent casings now.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 07-15-16 at 07:31.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    They sound very interesting. I usually buy my brass from the local indoor range.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit47 View Post
    They sound very interesting. I usually buy my brass from the local indoor range.
    I was months away from starting to invest in reloading equipment. Im a youngin still, just barely 24, so I don't have any of it yet.

However, I saw these NAS3 cases announced around the same time I had that interest, and decided to hold off for a couple more years. Ammo prices, at least for the stock I have, weren't bad enough to force me into it. The political front is always a bit freaky, but I am holding out to hopefully buy dies and a loader that pertain to these NAS3.

The ammo companies have already confirmed they will continue to buy cases by the pound at the same rate as brass, but they are considerably cheaper to produce due to being an Aluminum Alloy. excited to see this progress.

Here is more info:

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It's a very novel concept for sure. Interested in the rifle cases more.

Feedback Score
    OP, was that $29.50 for a box of 50 ... like pictured in the link? If so, that is a decent price for regular 'ole SD ammo, not to mention the included plastic case.

Not sure about the proprietary reloading dies, however. Seems to remind me a bit of Betamax.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit47 View Post
    It's a very novel concept for sure. Interested in the rifle cases more.
    I am as well, I hear the Military is already reviewing these cases and will be experimenting with them soon. Dunno how much of that is heresay, but would be a good test for them.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdog650 View Post
    OP, was that $29.50 for a box of 50 ... like pictured in the link? If so, that is a decent price for regular 'ole SD ammo, not to mention the included plastic case.

Not sure about the proprietary reloading dies, however. Seems to remind me a bit of Betamax.
    I is 29.50 for a box of 50, it's the Creedmoor ammo I purchased as well.

For the cost, about .60 cents per round before shipping, is a great price for good SD ammo.

I have always just used New Manufactured LAX 124gr JHP, as I buy them by the 500, get a good amount of time behind them, and know they work well enough for my needs. Considering those are 500 for 97 bucks, this is a HUGE price markup for me.

I have only heard great things about the Hornady XTP, however, so I am very excited to get a chance to spend some time with this ammo.

To clarify, this will be the first set of +P ammo I have ever used on my 9mm. Just haven't spent so much on 50 rounds ever, for 41 dollars anyways, the 30 has been met at times in the past.

Nonetheless, I am inclined to believe this will be nice performing ammo. I will make sure to post up some kind of review/info on here when they arrive.

Thanks for your input, always interested in the community's take on these items.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 07-15-16 at 14:04. Reason: Wrong bullet name. Woops.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow. I'd love to try some .223 out if they make them. I could really put them through their paces.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Got them on Saturday, haven't put them thru their paces quite yet, did lots of moving for a friend over the weekend.

I have taken some pictures, and will post those up later today, as well as the weight I get out of it.

Because I don't have any currently, could someone weigh out a single brass cased Hornady XTP +P?

I imagine the weights will vary a bit, depending on case thickness and powder charge, but I woudl figure the +P Hornady load, with the XTP projectile would be a good baseline to go off of.

My accuracy is par, at best, so I won't be much help on that end as to how truly accurate the round will be.

Onto something else, that's a bit interesting:

So, I was wondering where my order was, in regards to tracking numbers and such, but I remained patient. I had recently placed an order with LAX, previously, and it was a 2 week lead time with all the political motivation to flock in the orders.

Creedmoor sent me an email, that was just a small blurb, about there being a delay and that it would be out the door today, and a tracking number was available to me 2 hours prior to this email (which, in my inbox, was a second email with tracking info from Fedex.).

I replied expressing my interest in their .223/5,56 rounds, and they advise we can expect them soon enough.

I will post up pictures, and a review, as soon as I can.

Feedback Score
    So any follow up on these. Thinking of buying some empties for loading.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Oh my!

Here I am neglecting a thread. I will get my review up today or tomorrow.

I think people will be be most interested in the weights I am getting out of these.

Will post my data and pictures soon as I have the time, and thanks for bringing this to light.

In case you don't want to wait: I love this ammo, after a couple boxes I have decided to turn it into my daily carry ammo.

Nonetheless, thanks again.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 12-09-16 at 10:02.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast