Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Gas Ports: Krieger versus Ballistic Advantage

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    These last two threads by Molon have been dumb as hell. He took time to show us cool, technical insight on the small details that good barrel makers do right and bad ones do wrong (a la similar things like gas key staking, proper gas port sizing, etc.), and a bunch of Monday morning QBs call him out for absolutely no reason other than to get in absurd pissing matches over nothing. There's constructive criticism, and then there's the ungrateful garbage in the last two threads.

What a joke. Thanks for your time, Molon.
    Sad. Molons sort of posts is why I come here looking for information. The negative comments just remind me of TOS, and why I never had any interest in joining there.

Thanks guys. Well done.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    WTF just happened here!?!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    WTF just happened here!?!
    Arf just happened, and poor moderation.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    You are clearly arguing with the wrong person. Reread my posts in this thread, Molon's other thread about the same two barrels and their other differences and every thread Molon's posted.

ETA: When someone tells and shows me a Maserati has more attention to detail, care and craftsmanship paid to it then a 370z, I don't go carve that in stone and lambast anyone that doesn't do the same. It's also incomplete information. Continuing to explain and show exactly how that extra detail, care and craftsmanship translates into better performance (thereby further justifying the extra expense) is the next logical step in teaching people as opposed to preaching to people.

Feel free to reply, I will no longer be entertaining your misguided white knight crusade.
    What have you contributed lately bro?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    What have you contributed lately bro?
    Critical thinking, reading comprehension, honest questioning and a desire to see relevant information continue as opposed to blind white knight crusading as others in this thread and the other thread have 'contributed'.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 07-17-16 at 11:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    You are clearly arguing with the wrong person. Reread my posts in this thread, Molon's other thread about the same two barrels and their other differences and every thread Molon's posted.

ETA: When someone tells and shows me a Maserati has more attention to detail, care and craftsmanship paid to it then a 370z, I don't go carve that in stone and lambast anyone that doesn't do the same. It's also incomplete information. Continuing to explain and show exactly how that extra detail, care and craftsmanship translates into better performance (thereby further justifying the extra expense) is the next logical step in teaching people as opposed to preaching to people.

Feel free to reply, I will no longer be entertaining your misguided white knight crusade.
    So are you the official M4carbine.net thread quality evaluation team now?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falar View Post
    So are you the official M4carbine.net thread quality evaluation team now?
    Never once made any claim about the quality of the information provided thus far...

Since the SJWs are in an uproar, I'll try to explain again.

I am the type of person that asks questions in class. I wish to learn and I don't care if that upsets the teacher and/or fellow students. I also speak my mind as an adult. I wanted to know if this thread will continue on with relevant information as I don't understand the point of creating it only to abandon it for a new thread later or remain incomplete. Therefore, I asked. You don't like that, ood for you, I don't care.

All you M4C SJWs can continue to look for someone to scapegoat. The truth of the matter is that the adults on this forum and emotionally unstable are becoming readily apparent thanks to Molon's two most recent threads.

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 08-29-17 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    On topic, I own a BA .300 barrel.

I am extremely pleased with what I got for the price, especially considering that the barrel came with a drilled and pinned gas block.

I expect that the gas port was a bit rough and not positioned in any particular orientation relative to the rifling, though, just as shown in Molon's photos, which resulted in quite a bit of copper deposited on the bolt tail during the first few magazines.

There are applications where the Krieger is an outstanding choice, and applications where a BA barrel is a perfectly adequate choice and not a bad value. You may not always get what you pay for, but you almost never get what you don't pay for. Matching the right part to the right use helps to save time and money.
    Last edited by boltcatch; 07-17-16 at 14:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bfoosh006 View Post
    Thank you for posting. I rarely see photo's of the gas port drillings.... anyone can see how that "Burr" will wreak havoc on accuracy.

I also have always wonder exactly what these "burrs" looked like.

Great to see exactly what barrel makers are doing, esp. with regards to gas ports (being DI, and all that).

I remember faliure2stop (Jack) said the burrs do shoot out, still, better port location with regards to the rifling in the Kreiger.

Good pics, good info. Molon took the time/trouble to post something other than "What spring/buffer combo should I run in my…?" yak-yak.

Thanks, molon.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast