Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Gas Ports: Krieger versus Ballistic Advantage

Feedback Score
    Molon, Thanks again for devoting so much effort to the shooting world.

It is tough being so helpful, in the thankless world of the internet.

Don't ever let naysayers ruin your efforts.... those people have issues way beyond anything we can help them with.

Not to mention... sometimes you just can't make everyone happy.

I for one will like to see the end results from these barrel threads.

It is perfectly obvious previous comments are not etched in stone.... mis-quoting peoples previous comments , in an effort to appear superior only makes the poster look petty.

For crying out loud.... some of those comments are clear attempts of badgering... here Is a great idea for those that have only contempt for others.... keep your smart as comments to yourself.

There are numerous other people on this forum, that add valuable info to the shooting forums and shooting world..... Information, not snide comments.

And there are just as many people that learn from these threads.

Some people just like to see the world burn..... those people should be spoken to by the moderators.
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 07-17-16 at 17:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bfoosh006 View Post
    Molon, Thanks again for devoting so much effort to the shooting world.

It is tough being so helpful, in the thankless world of the internet.

Don't ever let naysayers ruin your efforts.... those people have issues way beyond anything we can help them with.

Not to mention... sometimes you just can't make everyone happy.

I for one will like to see the end results from these barrel threads.

It is perfectly obvious previous comments are not etched in stone.... mis-quoting peoples previous comments , in an effort to appear superior only makes the poster look petty.

For crying out loud.... some of those comments are clear attempts of badgering... here Is a great idea for those that have only contempt for others.... keep your smart as comments to yourself.

There are numerous other people on this forum, that add valuable info to the shooting forums and shooting world..... Information, not snide comments.

And there are just as many people that learn from these threads.

Some people just like to see the world burn..... those people should be spoken to by the moderators.
    ^^^ This. Excellent post.

Molon, don't let the assholes get you down.

I am currently planning a precision build and your last two threads are exactly the type of info I have been looking for lately. I have been particularly thinking about performance verse price with consideration to my particular needs or use. I can't find posts like this anywhere else. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Gents (and ladies), respectfully:
    Molon starts a technical thread, 3 realistic options for the rest of us.
    Pick one.
    - Read and learn
    - Contribute constructively
    - Shut the f#ck up.
    These are too valuable to be polluted with tos type f#cktardery.
    We're better than that.
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by polydeuces View Post
    Gents (and ladies), respectfully:
    Molon starts a technical thread, 3 realistic options for the rest of us.
    Pick one.
    - Read and learn
    - Contribute constructively
    - Shut the f#ck up.
    These are too valuable to be polluted with tos type f#cktardery.
    We're better than that.
    This. Most of his posts involve hours of work, and are quite valuable. They add information and knowledge where there was none previously. They are done in such a manner to be impartial and of scientific methodology.

I don't see anyone else shooting 30 round composite groups or posting pictures taken from expensive borescopes. I really hope he doesn't leave us again.
    Last edited by P2000; 07-17-16 at 22:19.

Feedback Score
    I for one appreciate threads like this!

Quick question, I just purchased a BA barrel...if the gas hole is burred, can I expect it to smooth out over shooting time and deliver acceptable accuracy?

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhema View Post
    I for one appreciate threads like this!

Quick question, I just purchased a BA barrel...if the gas hole is burred, can I expect it to smooth out over shooting time and deliver acceptable accuracy?
    Short answer, yes.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Semi related question: what is the best source for a krieger barrel? I'd really like to find an 18" SPR / Mk12 profiled barrel made from a krieger blank, if possible.

And, @Molon don't let the A-holes run you off. You're a great asset to the forum and would be greatly missed.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Semi related question: what is the best source for a krieger barrel? I'd really like to find an 18" SPR / Mk12 profiled barrel made from a krieger blank, if possible.

And, @Molon don't let the A-holes run you off. You're a great asset to the forum and would be greatly missed.
    Contact Krieger direct for a custom or I recommend Compass Lake Engineering to have a Kriger blank made to your specs. I have a recce barrel coming in from CLE machined from a Bartlein blank and couldn't recommend them enough.

Also pertinent to this thread. Frank White at Compass Lake was great to talk to on the phone and he mentioned that they drill the barrel for the gas port between the lands on a 4 groove and recommends a 4 groove for a gas gun for that reason. He says he can do a 5R but there is no noticeable difference in performance and would result in a gas port being located on both a land and groove (at-least for 5.56 for all I know).

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I would buy a Krieger 20" direct from them and send it to someone to get profiled and cut/threaded.

Most dealers were giving me like 6 month lead times and Krieger got me my drop-in ready barrel in 30 days.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    So, what’s the bottom line on the Ballistic Advantage barrel in question. What effect, if any, will the placement of the gas port have on accuracy? And will it contribute to premature wear on the barrel? Or, is it too early to know?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast