Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crunch time in CA - AR 10 .308/7.56 NATO recommendations / suggestions

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the correction - 7.62 NATO

Feedback Score
    Any LMT folks out there that can provide any insight on the differences between LM8MWS® .308 Slick Upper Receiver and the standard MWS .308 Upper Receiver and the LM308MWS™ Defender Lower?
    I am trying to figure out what it all means on their site - it would be nice if you could compare side by side.

I am trying to find one locally so that I can see what it feels like.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnymordoc View Post
    Any LMT folks out there that can provide any insight on the differences between LM8MWS® .308 Slick Upper Receiver and the standard MWS .308 Upper Receiver and the LM308MWS™ Defender Lower?
    I am trying to figure out what it all means on their site - it would be nice if you could compare side by side.

I am trying to find one locally so that I can see what it feels like.

Thanks.

LM8MWS = no quad rails.
    LM308MWS = quad rails.

All LM8MWS uppers are identical, minus the barrel (and color, if that applies). All LM308MWS uppers are identical, minus the barrel (and color). All lowers are identical, regardless of whether the model is the LM8MWS or LM308MWS - the lone exceptions being the CA models (which come with bullet buttons and/or lower capacity magazines).
    Last edited by Skyyr; 07-21-16 at 23:01.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Don't worry about it OP. Just join a Mexican cartel and you'll be hooked up with whatever your heart desires courtesy of a rich uncle via the DOJ.

Feedback Score
    So - leaning more towards the LMT 308MWS - 20" -

I just noticed that the MWS and other AR 10 7.62/.308 do not have a "forward assist"?

Is this something that is specific to this caliber or on larger caliber AR's?

Should there be any concern about this?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    You don't need a forward assist on an AR10 type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    You don't need a forward assist on an AR10 type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably dont need one on an AR-15 either, but it doesn't hurt either.

Feedback Score
    Hey all, first time poster, also from CA and in the same boat. However, after doing some research, I decided to just buy a stripped lower for now and then build a featureless rifle later with a Monsterman grip, or something along those lines.

From what I can see, you only need to purchase by December 31st if you want to then register your AR-10/15 platform firearm(s) as an "assault weapon" so that you can have all the "evil" features they don't want us to have. If you have a rifle with a bullet-button by December 31st, consensus seems to be that once you have it registered, you can then remove the bullet-button and have a fully functioning AR-10/15. The downside to having a "registered assault weapon" (RAW) in CA is that you become severely limited in what you can do with it. You can only take it to the range and back home, to your business, to certain other public lands where shooting them are allowed by that agency, to a gunsmith that has the appropriate RAW permit, or out-of-state. You cannot pawn, transfer or sell the RAW to anyone else in the state (except to an eligible LEO or a permitted dealer), and your family in CA cannot buy, receive or otherwise inherit them from you.

There appears to be some work-arounds in progress, such as the Bullet-Button 2, which satisfies the new condition that a "fixed magazine" is one that cannot be removed without disassembling the action. However, I'd rather just go with a non-pistol grip myself and not have to disassemble anything to dump a mag, or be the test case for the legality of any work-arounds. I'm not interested in registering, either, so I've got time to buy parts and finish it at my leisure.

Thanks, and keep up the good fight!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wonder if anyone in CA is buying the Troy sporting rifle.

http://troydefense.com/pumpactionrifle/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I wonder if anyone in CA is buying the Troy sporting rifle.

http://troydefense.com/pumpactionrifle/
    Interesting...looks like the lower is customized for that rifle, so it may not be compatible with other AR uppers. That would be great if you could have the best of both actions with one rifle, though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast