Thread: Arsenal SLR-107 Questions

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Arsenal SLR-107 Questions

I'm thinking about getting another AK have always been intrigued by this rifle. Have all of the issues been worked out? The other option I've been toying with is a NIB SAS M7 a local shop has had on the shelf for about 2 years, but they don't seem too eager to sell it given the $1399 asking price and refusal to negotiate. Not sure about the UF though as I've never shot one and I don't imagine that it would be all that comfortable. Comparing the SAS M7 with the SLR 106 they have on the shelf, it doesn't appear to me that when folded, you are gaining all that much more in terms of stowability.

So, in closing, what's the latest poop in the 107?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think the newer ones are good to go. Can you fondle it first and give it a thorough once over before you buy?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Can't handle one prior to purchase...but the purchase would be through Atlantic Firearms so no worries as they would take care of any problems. I would just like to avoid the problems up front if possible.

Feedback Score
    I purchased an SLR107F a few months ago. I thought that I had looked it over pretty good at the shop before buying. I had read about the canted front sights and these looked gtg.

I went to the range and very suprisingly found it to be very accurate (5/8" to 3/4" at 50 yds.) with some older Russian HP I had accumulated some time ago. However the rear sight is not straight and is slanted to the left. I had to push the front sight way over to sight in.

I am now trying to figure out how to correct. Send it back or let a gunsmith fix it. It is the most accurate AK I have fired to date, so I am hesitant to send it back.

I am happy with my purchase but I find it hard to believe that this type of an error was missed by QC during the factory sight in.

Gunsouth

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I bought my 107 a few months ago. It had the canted front sight problem. I called Arsenal and gave them my SN. They told me to send it back and gave me a return number. I boxed up the gun and took it back to my dealer who shipped it back for me. A couple of weeks later, my dealer called me to tell me it was back in. Sighted it in at the range and it was good to go. I have no complaints, and didn't have to pay for any shipping or remedial work.

I think they newer ones have the AK74 style muzzle brake and the older ones had flash suppressors. Mine went back to the factory wearing a FS and came back with a MB, which I prefer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    like the dumbass that i am i just bought a107fr online. the price was right but assume that since the price was right (and the flash hider on the rifle) that it will arrive with canted sights. i could spend the $20 to send back to arsenal and still have a great deal or it just occured to me that i could just have it SBR'd and go the ak104 route. even with a new FSB, barrel cut and crown, and my tax stamp i am still about the price of a new 107CR.....

Feedback Score
    It is a nice rifle to be sure, but for the money, I think my Vector has a better fit, finish, and trigger than my Arsenal 107.

Arsenal left a real bad taste in my mouth. The front sight looked fine, but at 25yds was 6" to the left The fact that they made me pay shipping for something that was their fault and they should have QC'd really ticked me off. They fixed it (4wks) and it is a nice rifle, but the company can get bent as far as I'm concerned... I mean nobody shot these things?

The guy I spoke to was also a flake, he kept saying the Internet rumors of this problem were overblown, it is minor, etc. Then he says that one of the 3 boresighters was defective. I pointed out that 1/3rd of your product being jacked up in not minor.

They have probably fixed the issue, they all come with targets now...and a price increase.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I got one of the newer SLR-107FR (muzzle brake) from the store gotm4 works at and it was GTG.

Looked at it and a non rail model and took the railed one home.

The only thing I have a gripe about is the finish other then that its a fun gun.
    May 2-2011

Woke up at 7am turned on the TV & saw the news and just smiled ear to ear!