Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I buy a PPQ??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Should I buy a PPQ??

After handling a PPQ M2 9mm the other day I'm seriously considering picking one up. The trigger is what really impressed me it's the best I've ever felt on a polymer striker fired pistol. My range doesn't have a PPQ to rent out and I don't know anyone that owns a PPQ so I have to make the decision without having ever actually fired one. I've owned and shot just about every other major striker pistol out there but only kept my Glocks and a couple M&P's. Anyone out there with any reason why I should or shouldn't pick one up your input would be appreciated!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The PPQ is an excellent handgun. I have two of them, one with over 6000 rounds. I also have a VP9, which is also excellent and in that same pre-cocked striker category. I, very marginally, prefer the VP9 from the trigger standpoint. The reset on the PPQ is a little shorter which occasionally can promote a surprise bump-fire second shot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They're nice. After owning both I decided I like the VP9 better. I mostly shoot glocks btw. Buy it, why not?

Feedback Score
    This a range toy or for carry?

With all the aftermarket options available to Glock and M&P, I wouldn't buy a pistol just because it has a good factory trigger.
    If you are buying it just because (which is cool) you should check out the VP9 as well (I run a VP9), similar ergos. PPQ is a little shorter in the grip, which helps for carry but won't really matter if its a fun gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I only buy guns for carry or home defense. I owned a VP9 and ended up selling it. The trigger really is the main reason I'm considering the PPQ. I've tried several aftermarket Glock triggers and non of them were even close to the trigger on the PPQ. I guess I'll just pick one up and give it a shot if it doesn't workout I shouldn't have a problem selling it. Thanks for the input!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken1973 View Post
    This a range toy or for carry?

With all the aftermarket options available to Glock and M&P, I wouldn't buy a pistol just because it has a good factory trigger.
    If you are buying it just because (which is cool) you should check out the VP9 as well (I run a VP9), similar ergos. PPQ is a little shorter in the grip, which helps for carry but won't really matter if its a fun gun.
    What does the PPQ need that isn't available on the market?
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    I've had a PPQ M2 for almost 3 years now. It's an alright gun but I think they are over hyped. The trigger is quite crisp.

I personally have problems with the ergonomics. When I try to get a high tang grip the inside of my primary thumb rubs the frame and quite frankly it hurts and keeps me from getting a really high grip. Not matter where I rest or flag my thumb this happens. If I lower my hand a little it's not an issue and it feels great. If I wanted to do nothing but print small groups at 25 yards then this wouldn't be an issue, but for a defensive gun I want a high grip on the gun.

I also personally don't like the curve of the trip but this can be fixed with an APEX trigger.

I know I'm in the minority but these are my findings.
    Owner of Harry's Holsters
    www.HarrysHolsters.com

Feedback Score
    I've been carrying and shooting my PPQ for around two years now. Other than night sights, I see nothing the pistol really needs out of the box.

Feedback Score
    You should have zero reservations about getting a PPQ, especially if you like the trigger. I have 3 PPQs and have run them hard and have never had an issue. I also own Glock, M&P, Sigs, etc, and have shot a VP9 on a few occasions, and the PPQ is my go-to gun that I carry every day (i did upgrade my sights).

I really like the VP9, but i don't think it offers anything you don't get with the PPQ - except maybe the HK namebrand. If you like the PPQ and prefer the PPQ trigger, I don't think there's any reason you shouldn't get one.

Feedback Score
    I am on my second, however with that said I do not know if I would go for a third. It is a good shooting pistol.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast