Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Striker fired ranking opinions wanted

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'd really suggest renting or borrowing a PPQ to shoot before you get too far down your path.

Feedback Score
    I basically have two main types of pistols.
    Beretta series,
    And Glocks.

For outliers I have some double stack 1911s, etc.

Neither DA/SA, SA, or striker fired are 100% perfect to me.

If choosing a striker gun in 9mm I would go Glock.
    Owned them since early 90s.

You can get subcompact, compact, duty sized, and compe/long slide gun with mag and many parts compatibility and the selection and supply and variety and price are as good as it gets.

Feedback Score
    Glock
    M9A1
    PPQ
    VP9
    I don't have a P320 so I can't say.
    I have fired Two of them though.
    Not bad, but I've got too many striker fired guns already.
    The one thing that no one (except for Caracal) can beat Glock at is the size,weight/ capacity ratio.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I only know the Glock and M&P

I'd favor the Glock slightly over the M&P for reliability, use whichever you like better. I prefer the manual safety on the M&P to a Glock.

I've never spent much time with the other ones.

Feedback Score
    PPQ
    VP9
    Glock

Feedback Score
    Give the PPQ a shot. Out of the box, the trigger will volumes better than the average Glock. Magnum Research Baby Eagle mags also fit the PPQ perfectly at a lower cost than Walther OEMs, too.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    Give the PPQ a shot. Out of the box, the trigger will volumes better than the average Glock. Magnum Research Baby Eagle mags also fit the PPQ perfectly at a lower cost than Walther OEMs, too.
    Those Desert Eagle MR9 mags are identical to the OEM Walther mags except for color of follower and label on endplate. Both are made by Mec-Gar.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiDevil View Post
    Best advice is to rent, or borrow all of the pistols listed and then make an informed decision.
    That right there.

My choice is the P320 but that's because I can't stand the feel of a Glock. If I could, I would probably be swimming in the things. Nobody can tell you what will work best for you though....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree that you should try to rent as many of the aforementioned pistols as you can and then decide.
    Those mentioned are all solid pistols.
    That said I've been carrying a G19 and G26 daily for 8yrs now. My carry G19 gen4 just hit the 17,000 round mark.
    I recently shot and then bought from a friend a Steyr M9A1. To say I love this gun would be an understatement.
    I have shot extensively all of the guns mentioned and others. This is the first gun that I shoot better than my Glock and would carry aside from Glock.
    Virtually no adjustment to make switching between the two, more accurate than the Glock, in fact one of the most accurate out of the box guns I have shot. Super comfortable. You get the picture.

Feedback Score
    I am a big Steyr fan as well. The aftermarket is limited to be sure, but they really need nothing, other than a good holster. Holsters are easy to have made. I would say Glock, but to me, the Steyr is a better, enhanced version of a Glock. Big bonus is they are cheap.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast