Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would you contact the manufacturer Update: Post 24 - Muzzle device issue? Help please

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    A circle with an infinitely long radius is still a circle.
    sure, but it's outside the context of this discussion when talking about shot groups.

Feedback Score
    I've experienced a bad AAC 51T Brakeout on my ACR. W/ the bad MD, I was getting anywhere from 3"-12" groups at 100 yards. I removed the MD and shot w/o it and my groups were around 1.5"-2".

I contacted AAC about this and they swapped me MDs. Once I installed the new MD, my groupings were vastly more consistent at about 1.5".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A tightly torqued muzzle device will affect accuracy to some degree. A standard compensator is torqued at 15-20 ft-lbs for an issue rifle. Over the years I installed the compensator on match rifles hand tight, using blue Loctite to hold the compensator in place, to avoid an adverse effect on accuracy. I learned this from someone who built my first match rifle.

Hanging weight on the front of the barrel will affect accuracy, but your groups with the MD installed seem larger than I would have expected. How close is the MD to the muzzle where the rifling meets the crown? Does the MD slip over the barrel before the barrel threads and MD threads engage? If it does, how far behind the relief cut is the MD?
    Train 2 Win

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234