Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Argument for pencil barrels?

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    I like my BCM ELW so much, I'm replacing the M4 barrel on my LMT with a Faxon pencil barrel.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post

.....My only caution would be suppressor use. POI change tends to exaggerate with a skinny barrel when you hang a 1-2lb can off the end.....
    i concur. having used pencils for close to 40 year (civilian, rancher), the only neg i've found it that pencils change point-of-impact a lot more when a can is added, than heavy barrels. knowing this, i only shoot each pencil with its can. those sigthed without a can don't get used with cans. easy to tell which is which by looking at the muzzle attachment method.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What i like to do, is buy a barrel based on it being a heavy, battle-ready, high volume of fire handling hog, then shoot 1 round every few minutes or so from the bench

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    What i like to do, is buy a barrel based on it being a heavy, battle-ready, high volume of fire handling hog, then shoot 1 round every few minutes or so from the bench
    finally, logic beyond reproach!

Feedback Score
    My own personal experience is with an old sp-1 my brother and I abused years ago- short story is that barrel had very visible erosion at muzzle and throat - like the first couple inches at each end we're just about smooth bore! We alternated loading mags and shooting stopping only when we got worried about cook off. After a 1000+ round shooting session that toasted barrel still gave a 4 inch 100 yard group with 55 grain ball.
    Last edited by CAVDOC; 08-24-16 at 08:34. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a lightweight 16" pencil/skinny barrel on one of my guns. I like it. I do not shoot that one suppressed. Trijicon SRS is on top. Needs a trigger to round her out, but I love that thing.

B
    "When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." – Thomas Jefferson

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    I like my BCM ELW so much, I'm replacing the M4 barrel on my LMT with a Faxon pencil barrel.
    We're honored to be selected. Thank you!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910