Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My 'Grey Man' setup complete

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    FML now I have another lo-pro PC to look into.
    Edit; Large plate size only? WHYYYYYYY?

Had to have the head-down "operator" shot at the intro too...

I like your overall approach- it proves some theories I've been working on with my own similar "concealed to overt" scalable requirements.
    I also think the BFG double M4 pouches are some of, if not *the* best 2-M4 pouches on the market, so if anyone here runs over to BFG and starts wondering if they are worth the $40.... Yes. Yes they are.

Also second your hydro conundrum. That, over all the other gear conflictions I've struggled with, has been the hardest to work out. Finally came to the same conclusion in that, I'd need to run a pack. Oh well, a pack fits into the plan anyway.

For any interested in the Rackminus chest rig- I got the 16-column version a while back.
    *IF* you are a very large fella, it *may* fit. Or, if you specifically run it over a PC to take up some extra room. I am not a large guy, so, sadly it didn't work.
    12-column version was to small for what I wanted to do, so I had to go to modification to my current CR.

I too have taken to a strict no camo policy, even though I don't totally buy into the entirety of the "gray man" thing. But since I already feel like kind of a dick in all the kit, why add another poser level to it.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 07-18-16 at 23:26.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Great setup, gave me some good ideas. I've been tweaking mine lately.

Feedback Score
    Impressive setup. I like what you've done.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    Nice clean setup! Everything you need and nothing that you don't!

Feedback Score
    I'm leaning towards all grey gear as well, nice set up. Sadly I started with FDE so I have a belt load out already in FDE but now I'm looking at grey plate carriers...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Fwiw velocity system is now offering most all their kit in wolf grey. Been fancying a grey LWPC myself.
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 07-23-16 at 15:56.

Feedback Score
    It is a very nice rig, and looks both functional and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. In aesthetically pleasing I mean non-threatening, which will benefit you when working in a public crisis situation. A true blue collar "good guy" look.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    OP, that setup is very slick and well thought out. I went brought several shitty iterations of setups, and have abandoned PC's for grey man setups, but your post is making me rethink that. Well done.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I really like your setup! My only comment is the MOLLE on the back really stands out. This has me thinking about a second PC though, or maybe a concealable vest for lower-threat situations.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Very attractive, well thought out kit. Great job.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast