Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DDM4v1 vs Colt LE6920MPS

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

DDM4v1 vs Colt LE6920MPS

Howdy, all....in this political climate I have secured permission from the Chief Purser and Disbursement Officer (AKA, "my wife") to get another AR. I can get a barely-used DD M4V1 (has BAD lever, TD VFG) for $1,225, or a new Colt LE6920 Magpul edition for a shade under $1,100.

Any gouge one way or the other to tip me to one or the other? I have had BCM and some lesser brands but neither a DD or Colt. My purpose for this will be HD and classes only.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quality is there with either so get whichever one gives you the biggest pants-tent.

I'm not big on quad rails or DD's new stock so I'd go with the Colt personally, especially considering a free float rail won't make a difference for HD and carbine classes.

Feedback Score
    I'll start by saying that you can't go wrong with either of these rifles. With that said, you shouldn't be paying $1,100 for a Colt LE6920. That's too damn much.

If you're in a situation where both of these rifles are in front of you, and you just have to have one now, I'd take an extra look at the Daniel Defense and make sure it looks barely used. If so, I'd go with that.

Personally, I'd just get a new Colt LE6920 for cheaper elsewhere.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ey=LE6920MPS-B
    Last edited by Jewell; 07-19-16 at 08:17.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    I'll start by saying that you can't go wrong with either of these rifles. With that said, you shouldn't be paying $1,100 for a Colt LE6920. That's too damn much.

If you're in a situation where both of these rifles are in front of you, and you just have to have one now, I'd take an extra look at the Daniel Defense and make sure it looks barely used. If so, I'd go with that.

Personally, I'd just get a new Colt LE6920 for cheaper elsewhere.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ey=LE6920MPS-B
    I hear you re: price. My issue with ordering online from anywhere is the tax and FFL transfer fees. I know I still have to pay tax regardless, though, so I suppose that cancels out.

Feedback Score
    I just picked up a New Colt LE6920mpb-b, last night at a local shop for 999$.. only about 50 more than I should have paid, but transfer fees and shipping would have washed that out anyways..

I cant wait to shoot this one.. Its so light, simple and clean.. Im nobody but ive had a few pretty cool AR's. I do still really like the 18"spr type rifles.. Very Versatile..

But a Colt 6920! just something about it.. It should be a great rifle.

Feedback Score
    Not sure if you have a Field and Stream store in your area, but around here they advertised the exact Colt you mentioned for $999. If youre a LEO/MIL/First responder I just picked up the 6920MPS two weeks ago for less brand new. PM me if you want the information since Im not sure the rules about posting that stuff on here.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    L(Mega)GS has 6920s in stock for $947, 6720s for $847.

They sit ignored as they cannot (or do not) advertise them. Meanwhile SW, core, dpms go out the door in volume for the same or more... Kills me, must be better margins

It appears to me that Colt has done some wholesale price adjustments, seeing 1911s $200 less than they used to be, etc. More Colt ARs in retail at what used to be internet only prices.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would shop a little harder. 10s on GB and I found that same model 6920 for under 950.

I think going the OEM1/2 route and adding the furniture of your choice would be the best and cheapest option in the long run.

Feedback Score
    I vote Daniel Defense just because of the FSP cutout rail.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Another vote for Daniel Defense.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast