Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KNS pins and HVA ambi mag release?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Apologies for thread derail.

Doc; how do you like the HVA ambi release compared to Norgon or Troy?

Thanks.

-Rainman
    My wife has a Norgon on one rifle and a Troy on the other. Both are good but I lean more towards the Troy. I have never used the HVAC.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zackmars View Post
    I wouldn't waste your money.

There will be no difference in wear on your lower.
    I would definitely recommend them on any 9mm lower build.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I would definitely recommend them on any 9mm lower build.
    I agree and I have them on all of my lowers that have over 20K through them.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Skip the kns pins. I would only use on a transferable m16/9. And then only reluctantly. They slightly burnished the anodizing on my transferable m16 lower where they sit up against the receiver. I've since swapped them out and use Geissele SSF with Geissele pins.

Feedback Score
    I intalled a set of KNS pins with a Troy ambi mag release. It works fine, but I think it was a waste of money. I got them on sale and wanted to try it out. I won't buy anymore of them...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Apologies for thread derail.

Doc; how do you like the HVA ambi release compared to Norgon or Troy?

Thanks.

-Rainman
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I would also like to hear from someone who has both the Norgon and HVA.
    I was curious about that as well, it doesn't look like many here have tried and HVA.

Which Ambi-Catch/Release do you prefer?

And yeah, KNS pins are a waste.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hope ours will make it to the list, the EMR-A is due out this Fall
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I hope ours will make it to the list, the EMR-A is due out this Fall
    I've been looking into the HVA but haven't snagged one up yet because there isn't much info on them.

I already have your bolt catch and FA and really like them so I'd definitely be interested in an ambi mag release from you. Can't wait to check it out!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ron at HVA was kind and generous to share the AMR specs with me. I have an AMR Ron sent me to T&E as well. The EMR-A is (very) loosely based on the AMR as a result, though nothing on the AMR and EMR-A is interchangeable, such was the extent of changes we made to the EMR-A.

They do share on characteristic that may dismay some users. Like the AMR and KAC's ambi mag catch, the EMR-A's paddle/lever pivots on the receiver. The EMR-A, like all the components we design, is meant for a defense/duty/combat weapon so this is not a factor in its design. I regret this isn't for those that don't wish to put a scratch on their receivers.

I like the way Norgon Ambi-Catch works but it has its shortcomings. I don't want to rip off Robert Garrett's patent, so we had to do something different. The EMR-A isn't overly complicated and doesn't have to be (HK apparently didn't get that memo lol).

While the ABC/R was designed specifically to get around the ambi mag catch obscuring the bolt catch's lower paddle, the EMR-A doesn't need a specially designed bolt catch, its low profile means a factory bolt catch's lower paddle is still usable and not hard to get to with the EMR-A in place.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12