Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul M-LOK Type 2 rail panel fit

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Magpul M-LOK Type 2 rail panel fit

I'm having some trouble with Magpul M-LOK Type 2 rail panels fitting on a certain manufacturer's handguards. I have one rail from this company and the panels fit great. I bought two more rails from this company and they wouldn't fit on either one. I even returned them for an exchange and sent a panel with them to ensure proper fit. When I got them back, the panels still don't fit.

The amount of force required to get these to fit would probably deform the rail, a risk I'm not willing to take. I'm assuming this isn't a problem with the panels as Magpul are the M-LOK gurus.

Is anyone else having these issues?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I could be way off here....

But is your dremel broke?
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you're suggesting that I need to modify either the panels or the rail, I wonder why I would need to do that if both manufacturers are following the M-LOK spec properly. I thought the whole idea of M-LOK (or Keymod or picatinny) is that things should fit. Am I way off?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've never had an issue fitting Type 2 covers on either my ALG or Geissele rails.

Who made your rail?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yep no problems on my ALG with them

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Who made your rail?
    I'm not going to throw them under the bus, since I'm not totally sure it's their fault. That's why I wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem.

How much force was needed to install the second piece?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Chances are the slots on the rail do not adhere to the MLOK TDP if you've tried a number of panels.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Know1 View Post
    I'm not going to throw them under the bus, since I'm not totally sure it's their fault. That's why I wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem.

How much force was needed to install the second piece?
    I have no way to measure it, but not a lot of force. I was able to snap it in place with a finger or two fairly easily.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've pretty confident that we have every hand guard available, and a number that aren't. I haven't found one the Type 2 Covers will not fit in. They have a very wide range of tolerances they will accommodate due to the expanding design of the retaining features.

The only thing off the top of my head is that it may be too thick. Like all others, without knowing what kind of hand guard it is I am not sure how to help. As far as whose "fault" it might be, we're happy to help you get taken care of regardless of where the incompatibility might stem from.
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    M4Guru,

Thanks for the offer of help, though I'm pretty sure it's not the panels that are at fault. I PM'd you with the manufacturer. Maybe you could reach out to them and see if you could help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast