Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Build In Progress

FaxonNathan Guest
    Good barrel choice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FaxonNathan View Post
    Good barrel choice.
    Thanks and I will. I'm looking forward to this build.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teksid View Post
    I have a 1.5" Mod1. I don't have much to compare it to other than a Battlecomp and regular A2's. It's no louder than either of those and muzzle rise/follow up shots are the same as with the Battlecomp.
    Oh ok, how long have you been using yours?

Feedback Score
    I'm going to need a red dot for this as well as a scope so I can switch them out depending on use. I would like to have a two in one type deal for CQB and some 200 yard shots for hunting. I plan on another build in the future in .308 and will do away with scope, on 5.56.
    Last edited by ManOnFire40; 07-29-16 at 15:46.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great choice on the rail too. When you have to have a quad rail, the C4 is top of the heap.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you train operating and shooting from your left shoulder, since you're getting an ambidextrous charging handle, if your upper has a forward assist, you might consider replacing it with a rimless forward assist (LDFA)

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    If you train operating and shooting from your left shoulder, since you're getting an ambidextrous charging handle, if your upper has a forward assist, you might consider replacing it with a rimless forward assist (LDFA)

Your absolutely right. I'll check into that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    Great choice on the rail too. When you have to have a quad rail, the C4 is top of the heap.
    Thanks,

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnFire40 View Post
    I decided that it was time to do a new build. Looks like I'm going with an Aero lower and upper to get it started. I'm going with the Faxon flame fluted 5.56 16" barrel, centurion quad rails (I'm old skool, lol), troy industry front and rear sights, ambi safety, ambi charge handle, BAD Lever, Hogue grip, Hyper trigger 24C, nickel boron bcg and Magpul ACS stock. I will also have a BCM Mod Comp 1, on it. What's everyone's take, on this?
    Please God not another BAD lever. I would actually be in favor of congress banning these...
    I fired one of the Hyperfire triggers on a BPM 3gun setup a couple years ago and it felt pretty good. However I just can't get myself to trust that design. I have absolutely zero scientific research or quantifiable data to support my opinion, but the fact remains I just don't trust it from a durability standpoint. But for a range toy...have at it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatch16 View Post
    Please God not another BAD lever. I would actually be in favor of congress banning these...
    I fired one of the Hyperfire triggers on a BPM 3gun setup a couple years ago and it felt pretty good. However I just can't get myself to trust that design. I have absolutely zero scientific research or quantifiable data to support my opinion, but the fact remains I just don't trust it from a durability standpoint. But for a range toy...have at it!
    Thanks for your opinion about the BAD Lever. There's a lot of stuff that's made that I don't personally use, as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12