Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alice frame sources/availability

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Alice frame sources/availability

I'm looking for an ALICE frame to make a hellcat or similar setup to ruck with to prep for Basic with. I recently had ordered one from old grouch's but they never sent anything or responded to my emails/calls. So Im looking for any leads on an Alice frame from a reputable source. I'd like to avoid any more hassles with disputing charges and such. Any sources or help would be much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Check your local Army surplus store. The one near me always has the frames, and packs in all three sizes.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AppalachianThunder View Post
    Check your local Army surplus store. The one near me always has the frames, and packs in all three sizes.
    +1

If you don't have anything local, pop on ebay. I picked up a spare large ALICE for like $30 and it was in great shape.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Thumbs up

These guys are about 40 minutes down the road from me, but ship anywhere (I shop there about 3x a year, and their stuff is good kit, and they're easy to deal with). Ta da.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ALICE frames are horrible but cheap. You can get a more comfortable and useful Down East (Airborne) replacement from a number of places.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I agree with Sinister. That stupid metal ALICE frame has crippled more young adults than MS. Why put yourself through it when you don't need to?

It's possible to do conditioning with good gear, and get the benefits you need.

Feedback Score
    Is ALICE even issued at Basic anymore?
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    Is ALICE even issued at Basic anymore?
    No, but some units still issue them from their own property books.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Like others have mentioned, screw the USGI ALICE frame, I never liked that POS. Get the Down East Inc 1606 AC frame directly from them https://downeastinc.com/shop/node/3 or check ebay and local surplus stores. Your back will thank you later!

Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    ALICE frames are horrible but cheap. You can get a more comfortable and useful Down East (Airborne) replacement from a number of places.

I'm surprised you still use the old ALICE shoulder straps and hip belt. I never cared for those either so I went with Woodland MOLLE II shoulder straps and waist belt, so damn comfortable! Here's my setup

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not my ruck.

Ditched ALICE years ago for Mystery Ranch and FILBE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast