Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
Cool. I have a Trijicon TR-24G on my very first 6920. It's a lot of fun at 200 meters and in.

Bushnell makes an Elite Tactical model that I like a lot, it's a 1-6.5x with very low weight, and very clear glass.

But I really want something with a rep for being very rugged for a hog gun that will get beaten a lot. The 1x for close up, but 4x for shooting across a field.

We have a lot of delicious wild piggies in Texas. You should bring the Station over for an flying pig hunt. And bring some of the HITRON guys for grins.

Not to hijack but, I use my Steiner on my BCM as a hog gun here in central Texas, for 600 bucks its been pretty reliable. Took a dump when I was leaning it up against a tree, while I was, well, taking a dump... Took a dump when I slipped down a river bank. Also took a dump when I thought I had engaged my QD mount on the rail for my sling when I went hands off to get under a fallen tree, I caught it before barrel met mud, but the scope bounced off the tree I was about to go under. Part of the land we hunt is extremely thick. It bounces off of trees a lot, goes through briar and thickets, hangs out in some dirt when you gotta get down low, it's been banged around in the ranger, the truck, etc. I'm pretty impressed with it for $600. I would love the new Trijicon 1-8 though or a Vortex Razor 1-6 (probably what I'll get). Sometimes the 4x doesn't seem like enough on a yote past 150-175 when it's low light out or pitch black, even when you light up said animal. As rough as hog hunting can get, there's nothing like walking up on a group of hogs, or watching 10-20 come to the feeder.

OP fantastic looking build!!!!