Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Guy - New Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Cool. I have a Trijicon TR-24G on my very first 6920. It's a lot of fun at 200 meters and in.

Bushnell makes an Elite Tactical model that I like a lot, it's a 1-6.5x with very low weight, and very clear glass.

But I really want something with a rep for being very rugged for a hog gun that will get beaten a lot. The 1x for close up, but 4x for shooting across a field.

We have a lot of delicious wild piggies in Texas. You should bring the Station over for an flying pig hunt. And bring some of the HITRON guys for grins.

Not to hijack but, I use my Steiner on my BCM as a hog gun here in central Texas, for 600 bucks its been pretty reliable. Took a dump when I was leaning it up against a tree, while I was, well, taking a dump... Took a dump when I slipped down a river bank. Also took a dump when I thought I had engaged my QD mount on the rail for my sling when I went hands off to get under a fallen tree, I caught it before barrel met mud, but the scope bounced off the tree I was about to go under. Part of the land we hunt is extremely thick. It bounces off of trees a lot, goes through briar and thickets, hangs out in some dirt when you gotta get down low, it's been banged around in the ranger, the truck, etc. I'm pretty impressed with it for $600. I would love the new Trijicon 1-8 though or a Vortex Razor 1-6 (probably what I'll get). Sometimes the 4x doesn't seem like enough on a yote past 150-175 when it's low light out or pitch black, even when you light up said animal. As rough as hog hunting can get, there's nothing like walking up on a group of hogs, or watching 10-20 come to the feeder.

OP fantastic looking build!!!!
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Large View Post
    #TheGoodLife #ThisIsMyBoomStick #AdultToys

Feedback Score
    Sparing no expense on a nice rifle. Why bother, right?

I have an MRO on my current gun, and am looking at a 1-4 or 1-6, and the NF is on the list, as is the Trijicon, and a Leupold. You have good taste. Let us know how the rifle does on a hog hunt or any kind of practical shooting. Have you done any groups with it yet?

Last, if you swing through the Big Easy, there's a coastie station here and a few bases to shoot at. We, too, have a lot of piggies running around.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    Sparing no expense on a nice rifle. Why bother, right?

I have an MRO on my current gun, and am looking at a 1-4 or 1-6, and the NF is on the list, as is the Trijicon, and a Leupold. You have good taste. Let us know how the rifle does on a hog hunt or any kind of practical shooting. Have you done any groups with it yet?

Last, if you swing through the Big Easy, there's a coastie station here and a few bases to shoot at. We, too, have a lot of piggies running around.
    Thank you for the kind words. I love the MRO, I could pull off mediocre 1-2 MOA groups at range (125ish yds) from a bench- but my vision isn't perfect, so anything beyond that was difficult for me. I zeroed the NF the other day with expected smaller groups at said distance. The choice to go magnified was more of a personal preference. I don't typically go further than 200-250 given the ranges I shoot at. I'll put up some pictures of groups next time I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am the painter making this mess a masterpiece.

Feedback Score
    I like your rifle. You may have to build another so you can dedicate the lonely MRO to a new home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elpotro View Post
    I like your rifle. You may have to build another so you can dedicate the lonely MRO to a new home.
    10.5 is in the works. SMOS upper/lower, 10.5 Noveske barrel, Geissele low pro GB, BCM BCG, law folder. Still debating handguard (maybe another Geissele), brace, brake of some sort- debating the SLR SR22. The MRO will end up on there. I've got lights, railscales, and a bunch of LPK stuff lying around. I'm debating a S3G for the build above, then I'd throw this trigger in the 10.5. Still not sure and in no rush.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's the somewhat complete pistol project

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Nice builds! You helped me make up my mind on using a Geissele handguard on my Noveske based MK12 build. As an aside, do you notice any major quality differences between the SMOS and Noveske receivers?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Nice builds! You helped me make up my mind on using a Geissele handguard on my Noveske based MK12 build. As an aside, do you notice any major quality differences between the SMOS and Noveske receivers?
    Thanks man. I haven't noticed a difference between sets. The tolerances between upper/lower are about as precise as you can get. I even threw my 14.5 upper on the SMOS lower for S&G's and it "snapped" together just as well as my Noveske lower.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    New glass. I'd like to say I'm done.

Just tried to PM you regarding the WTT add on the NF...but your inbox is full...

Nice builds by the way!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast