Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 20" A4's ?'s Colt VS FN vs BCM, others

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    How do we know this for sure?
    I emailed and asked. You can do the same, of course.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    How do we know this for sure?
    I'm guessing we'll get confirmation from Paul or someone else at BCM shortly either way.

Even if it was 6061, I'd personally take the BCM over the others simply because of the QC and CS they offer over the others.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Omfg, are you guys serious?

Hi XXX,

All BCM® components are made to explicit milspec per TDP. Buffer tubes are made from 7075 forgings.

Please do not hesitate to email is with any additional questions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow the Colt AR15A4s are going for nutso prices on GB right now. I don't think its related to "panic buying" because 6920s are still all over the place at normal prices.

Feedback Score
    The problem lies in the fact that Colt released only a few AR15 A4s to the market with their last batch, and now we're in the long drought between batches which is typical of how Colt operates. I used to follow prices of their 1911s, and whenever there was a dry spell in between batches of Series 70 repros being released the ones available on Gunbroker climbed higher and higher in price. The GB sellers know that if they catch buyers at low tide they can get more for their guns. Your only choice is to either pay their asking price or keep your fingers crossed that Colt will release a new batch of rifles before too long. I would love to have a new AR15A4, but if I have to wait much longer I'm just going to get a Windham instead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    The problem lies in the fact that Colt released only a few AR15 A4s to the market with their last batch, and now we're in the long drought between batches which is typical of how Colt operates. I used to follow prices of their 1911s, and whenever there was a dry spell in between batches of Series 70 repros being released the ones available on Gunbroker climbed higher and higher in price. The GB sellers know that if they catch buyers at low tide they can get more for their guns. Your only choice is to either pay their asking price or keep your fingers crossed that Colt will release a new batch of rifles before too long. I would love to have a new AR15A4, but if I have to wait much longer I'm just going to get a Windham instead.
    I know how their pistols operate but didn't know they did it with ARs.

I'm suffering the pistol issue right now. I'm trying to unload some S70s on GB and there is literally zero interest even at 100-200 less than I paid during a drought.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    WOW!.........Huge difference between a Colt A4 and Windham. Why would you go the Windham route when Colt and BCM are far superior?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
    WOW!.........Huge difference between a Colt A4 and Windham. Why would you go the Windham route when Colt and BCM are far superior?
    To be fair 20" A4 type rifles are easier to get right than a carbine.

Lots of the "chart" elements everyone uses to compare carbine vs carbine are not applicable to a 20" Gov't type clone.

I don't know anything about Wyndham other than its some ex-Bushmaster employees that bailed after the Cerberus takeover since they tend to run everything they touch into the ground but I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find a nice 20" or build one that wasn't pure Colt/BCM.
    Last edited by Falar; 07-29-16 at 14:48.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankenstein View Post
    Omfg, are you guys serious?

Hi XXX,

All BCM® components are made to explicit milspec per TDP. Buffer tubes are made from 7075 forgings.

Please do not hesitate to email is with any additional questions.

Yeah, BCM is really going to get Carpenter grade steel HP/MPI bolts and then use BS aluminum for their REs.

People on the internet are stupid. Thanks for helping fix it.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    I see g&R tactical even has a Colt on the first responder discount list, which I qualify for, at a great price. Like just about everywhere else not in stock currently.
    Colt could really be making a killing if the actually produced and distributed items they advertise better.
    Looks like my choices are:
    FN at roughly $1600, available now
    Colt at scalpers price now, ( since the difference in price is only a few hundred, at that point might as well get the FN)
    Colt back order, not knowing how long for product to show up
    What would you do?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast