Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Weird Claim on Alleged Colts at Gun Show

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    No Morals? That has nothing to do with it. His rifles, his choice to sell at whatever price he deems fit. Maybe they'll sit for months, unsold.

Bad business decision, too high an asking price? Maybe. But morals have NOTHING to do with it.

Zero. Ziltch. Nada.

Look up free market in your spare time.
    Harumph! The market bears whatever price people are willing to pay and I'm not sure why people believe the firearms market is any different. Forget trying to predict collector markets, though.
    Last edited by sundance435; 07-29-16 at 08:40.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    No Morals? That has nothing to do with it. His rifles, his choice to sell at whatever price he deems fit. Maybe they'll sit for months, unsold.

Bad business decision, too high an asking price? Maybe. But morals have NOTHING to do with it.

Zero. Ziltch. Nada.

Look up free market in your spare time.
    But he's charging more than I would pay! And that's not FAIR! Therefore he has no morals. /s
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    So my guess, and maybe ScottRyan knows, is these are the semi-auto variants coming out of the Colt Employee's collection, the selling of which has flooded the M16 Market for the past 24 months with rare variants. That collection appears to now be exhausted of full auto guns, or there's a brief hiatus.

There is a guy on Sturmgewehr (recent thread easily found) who paid over $70,000 for an M16A2 papered gun that was rollmarked M4 COMMANDO ENHANCED with a 4 position selector. For a variety of reasons, most folks think he's high on drugs for making that purchase, but it proves that if somebody has the cake, and something is rare enough, an exchange will take place.

The 6721 "one of 134 guns" is listed in the BBGV as being the "rarest blue label pre-ban Colt" or something like that. In my mind that makes it worth $4000 tops. Unless you're a collector with every other variant and you can't find a well documented preban 6721.

In the collection of Mr. Colt, there is said to have been an M16 that was one of a special run for the Saudi Royal Family, which had their Royal Seal stamped into it and was inlaid with gold. How much do you think that one sold for?

Feedback Score
    Note also that the wood furniture gun has a thumbhole stock and is said to be from 1995. The SN would be about right for 1995. I see that it has a Bayo lug and FH. So whoever commissioned it apparently wanted that bayo lug and FH and was willing to give up the pistol grip for it!

I'm also interested in where this gun show was (guessing PA), and what is that variant on the left of the first picture - looks like a dissapator/midlength.
    Last edited by Secondofangle; 07-29-16 at 12:24.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234