Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Claim on Alleged Colts at Gun Show

Feedback Score

Weird Claim on Alleged Colts at Gun Show

So as I was poking around earlier this morning I found a rather strange article, see link below.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...at-a-gun-show/

And naturally my question is how accurate are any of these claims being made? No I'm not planning to buy the rifles as they all exceed my current budget and aren't what I'm looking for at the moment. Does anyone here have some information on what these rifles are or is this just a scam that makes almost zero sense?
    ˇˇKawaii Desu Ne Haruhi-Chan!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would like to hear what Colt has to say about those guns.
    If they are legit Colt guns someone has some explaining to do.

Feedback Score
    Would love to hear the outcome on this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I would like to hear what Colt has to say about those guns.
    If they are legit Colt guns someone has some explaining to do.
    According to the author Colt allegedly said "the numbers sound like serial marks we'd use" what?

Feedback Score
    It seems they are dreaming big with the pricing.

Feedback Score
    My best guess is that the guy doesn't have a leg to stand on and is hoping panic buyers are willing to shell out for stuff many wouldn't take for free. The whole thing sounds bogus. I mean I don't know why they would hand carve a serial number this isn't the 1540s after all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I dunno.
    If I ran Colt, I don't think I would let my prototypes out the gate.
    It would appear that's what he was trying to sell these as, Colt prototypes.
    It doesn't really matter now, the cats out of the bag, but real or not, this guy is likely to have some people very interested in where they came from and how he came to own them. Colt and the BATFE.
    Either way, if they "walked out" the gate someone's gonna catch some hell.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Colt has released many prototypes and tool room guns over the years. Many went into collections of Colt execs and then are eventually sold to dealers as these individuals thin out their collection or die. Ruben Mendiola had a handful of transferable full auto colt m16a2 lowers with X prefix serial numbers that had the model and markings milled off and were part of the ACR program. A poster on TOS bought a few semiauto Colt ARs that are X prefix tool room prototypes. The lion share of these tool room guns are likely in Reed Knight's collection after he cleaned out the tool room as payment for his work on colt's SOCOM pistol submission.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 07-25-16 at 17:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Colt has released many prototypes and tool room guns over the years. Many went into collections of Colt execs and then are eventually sold to dealers as these individuals thin out their collection or die.
    This is what I was betting on. A con artist is not likely to go to great lengths to fake rare items that sell in the stratospheric thousands of dollars. A faker would be more interested in making fast money and a $9,000 rifle at a gun show is not going to have many takers.

Assuming the other premise: stolen prototypes, they would be too hot to display in an open gun show IMHO.

I could be wrong, but my instincts were leaning toward "ex Colt executive who decided to liquidate his private perks".

Feedback Score
    Im thinkin doc might be right !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast