Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weird Claim on Alleged Colts at Gun Show

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well we had a few dozen rifles at work that were older AR15 sporters that the serial numbers all started with SP so that is definitely the beginning of a Colt serial number. David

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Now those are some very interesting rifles!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    All those guns pictured in that article are real Colts that left the factory in the condition and configuration pictured.

However, they are overpriced for what they are. The seller is fishing for a retard buyer.

They are what is left of a collection of "one off" guns and all the good stuff from the collection has already been sold off.
    Last edited by scottryan; 07-26-16 at 07:44.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    For someone asking for that much cash there are a few too many "not much is known..." references. Not saying they're fake, but it sounds like some of this information came out a game of telephone on the middle school bus. If they're truly prototypes that were never meant to leave the factory, how many people at Colt would even know about them? Just going to be hard to prove, especially if the few that know are not too happy about these ending up at a gun show.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I want that wood furniture!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    I want that wood furniture!
    For $7,000 I will hand carve you a set.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I don't think I'd buy any of those, even if money wasn't an object. I couldn't make out a price on the dissipator, but I recall CDNN selling "rare" Colt dissipator's not that long ago for $900-1,000.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Call me crazy, but I kinda always wanted an AR with wood furniture. There was a company selling ironwood stocks, grips, and hand guards a few years ago, nice looking stuff.

Feedback Score
    Wow. Know what else is rare? Someone willing to pay that much for a gun just cuz a theres a pony on the side.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I don't think I'd buy any of those, even if money wasn't an object. I couldn't make out a price on the dissipator, but I recall CDNN selling "rare" Colt dissipator's not that long ago for $900-1,000.
    I saw the price listed at $3500 and there was a 6940 listed at $3000. The seller is delusional if they think someone will pay those prices. I remember how in 2012 some schmuck tried to sell me a basic Noveske at over $2000 when rainier arms was still selling them at sane prices. Now that I am slightly older there is no chance I'll fall for this anymore.
    Last edited by Tzintzuntzan; 12-07-16 at 16:58.
    ˇˇKawaii Desu Ne Haruhi-Chan!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast