Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Of SBRs, cans, and breaks.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    I pulled out my Omega. It's definitely wear. Pictures may or may not be clear enough. This was part of the reason I have a Specwar 556k that stays on the sbr now.
    How do you like your 556K? I am looking at picking one up for another 11.5" gun I am putting together.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    How do you like your 556K? I am looking at picking one up for another 11.5" gun I am putting together.
    I love it. It tames the 10.5" no problem. I almost got a second one but decided to try a full size Specwar 556.

Feedback Score
    Thank you all for the information. As it stands now, I'm going with the FH on the SBR. Including it's length I should have about 9.5" before it hits the first baffle. Hopefully that will be enough. From what I hear SinlencerCo's warranty is first class so if it messed up, they should take care of it.

JRC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I called SiCo asking them if they recommended a brake as a sacrificial baffle and they said a FH was fine for a SBR because of the Stellite, so I'm using FH's on my 11.5 and 12.5 SBRs.

I also have a Specwar K and an Omega, and even with the flat end cap, the Specwar K seems a decent bit shorter/smaller in diameter.

The Specwar K is on top.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Personally on the 300 B/O I would go direct thread... once you fired it with a silencer it may never leave that rifle again. Especially running subs !

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    Personally on the 300 B/O I would go direct thread... once you fired it with a silencer it may never leave that rifle again. Especially running subs !
    Not a wise idea unless you clean up afterward and reattach later once in a humidity controlled safe. One of the parts of the chemical reaction of the powder burning when the round goes off is moisture, it will erode and pit the last few inches of your rifling in the barrel overtime. If you're done shooting remove the can, quick swab clean and put the can and the rifle away in the safe unattached.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a 12.5 which wears the FH, a 9" 300BLK which wears the break and once my 6.5 Creedmoor is finished it will either have a break or be direct thread.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'm building an 11.5 now and I'm thinking about going with the Griffin Armament M4SDII linear compensator.

http://www.griffinarmament.com/M4SD-...p/xhp556lc.htm

I haven't seen too many reviews but the ones I have seen are positive. It has sacrificial blast baffles and works with their qd suppressors.

I also like that it should redirect the blast from the short barrel which should make shooting more enjoyable until I have the can.

Anybody have any experience with this one?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dontshakepandas; 07-26-16 at 09:07.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have an Omega and I used brakes on my SCAR, 556 SBR and just used a flash hider on my 300blk.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jethroUSMC View Post
    Not a wise idea unless you clean up afterward and reattach later once in a humidity controlled safe. One of the parts of the chemical reaction of the powder burning when the round goes off is moisture, it will erode and pit the last few inches of your rifling in the barrel overtime. If you're done shooting remove the can, quick swab clean and put the can and the rifle away in the safe unattached.
    By the time leaving a suppressor on a barrel after shooting caused a chemical reaction that pits a barrel due to moisture, suppressors will be irrelevant because we will all be shooting 40 megawatt phasers.......

What do you think happens when you take your rifle outside of your air conditioned house into the heat where it's 30 degrees temperature difference?

Go with whatever you prefer, flash hider or brake. Don't hold your breath for the photo thread where someone states they shot the baffles out of a can on an SBR because they used a FH instead of a brake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12