Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So.....Did a stupid! (Lower issues)

Feedback Score

So.....Did a stupid! (Lower issues)

I purchased the lower that I'm going to use for my SBR build and put it together with the lower parts kit. The stupid part is that I didn't have an upper at the time so did not fit that together to make sure that all was well. I bought an upper a couple of weeks ago and they do not fit together at all. The upper fits fine and I'm able to get the pivot pin inserted. However, the Takedown pin will not go through. Seems that the lower is a bit out of spec. I took it back to where I purchased it from and they sent it back to the Manufacturer (New Frontier Armory) and they 'fixed' it and sent it back. The guys at the shop called me when it came back and said that they were unable to get some of the uppers that they have to install correctly but I should bring mine by to see if it fits. We were able to get it installed, but to get the takedown pin all the way through took some persuading with a small hammer. To get it to back out, we had to use a punch. They are going to return it again, this time with my upper accompanying it to get it taken care of.

This is a rather long and drawn out way for this question. I submitted the Form 1 in May for this lower. If it turns out that they are unable to repair it to accept the upper, what should I do? Do I contact the ATF to see if I'm able to update the serial number? Thanks in advance for any input. I definitely learned the lesson on this build.

Feedback Score
    Not the first time this has happened

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You do not pass go and you spend another $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My Anderson lower was out of spec and I didn't realize it till I assembled it when my stamp came in. I got a file and ground down the inside of one of the pin holes and now with the Yankee hill EZ pull pins I can do it without having a punch and hammer. Better to have the pins to tight than to loose.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The only thing you can do is submit the paperwork for them to take it out of the registry and a refund will be issued. Then have to resubmit under the new 41F rules!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlong1989 View Post
    My Anderson lower was out of spec and I didn't realize it till I assembled it when my stamp came in. I got a file and ground down the inside of one of the pin holes and now with the Yankee hill EZ pull pins I can do it without having a punch and hammer. Better to have the pins to tight than to loose.

Thanks for having some actual input. I'll look at the Yankee Hill EZ Pull Pins.

Feedback Score
    Didn't realize I was playing monopoly.

Sorry for getting snippy. I'm a fun loving guy. Back to lurking for me.
    Last edited by Illini_Glock; 07-27-16 at 02:40.

Feedback Score
    this is why you dont mess with cheap and nfa.

buy the best lower or at least from a known good brand.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    The only thing you can do is submit the paperwork for them to take it out of the registry and a refund will be issued. Then have to resubmit under the new 41F rules!
    This is one option

Or enjoy the tight pins

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post
    this is why you dont mess with cheap and nfa.

buy the best lower or at least from a known good brand.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    My other Anderson lowers weren't bad just this one was alittle to tight no big deal though. As I read on ar15.com. Pins like pussies, are better when tight lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast