Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COF aiming point?

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

COF aiming point?

There's an interesting post on a famous trainer's blog about the increasing use of body armor by terrorists and other bad guys and how he is adjusting training to focus on Center of Face (COF) instead of Center Mass. Its seems a good point, in sync with others who are teaching head shots at up to 25 meters, even with a small handgun.

Comments?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The best defense and best way to win a gunfight is fast accurate hits on target. You have a better chance of stopping bullets from coming your way if you hit what you are shooting at. Multiple hits on body armor will significantly slow down a threat so you can find cover, fight to a better weapon, or get you and your loved ones away from the threat.
    It's very hard to hit a small target like the head if bullets are coming in your direction and a miss close to the head is still a miss. Get your hits, change your adversary's will to fight and find cover.
    You can be in many gunfights but you can only loose once. Hit what you can hit.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You need to read the full article,

"All my pistol practice is to the face/neck area. I target the area we will henceforth call "Center Of Face" or COF for short. I no longer worry about center of mass chest shots unless they are true, completely unexpected, reactive shooting events filled with extreme surprise and close range emergency movement. And even then...my objective is to achieve a face shot as soon as possible. If there is even a tenth of a degree of preparation or proactive process, its a face/neck shot immediately."

Gabe makes a lot of sense.
    http://blog.suarezinternational.com/...r-of-mass.html

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Really enjoyed the article.

Will have to give this some serious thought. I have always been from the thought of: "Headshots gets the stops; but Headshots land you in the slots."

I think that, some, would look at this as a completely situational thing as well.

The reality remains, he makes some great points.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Really enjoyed the article.

Will have to give this some serious thought. I have always been from the thought of: "Headshots gets the stops; but Headshots land you in the slots."

I think that, some, would look at this as a completely situational thing as well.

The reality remains, he makes some great points.
    Might not be far from the truth, in the day and age of criminals as victims and this BS PC world we are now in. I have often thought about what this article covers, the "what if's?". I don't train with headshots usually in my rotation. I am usually doing center mass drills, but I should start incorporating this into my drills. Good read.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Aim small hit small! but the pelvic girdle is also a good aim point. Kind of hard to shoot back when your legs buckle under you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    You need to read the full article,

"All my pistol practice is to the face/neck area. I target the area we will henceforth call "Center Of Face" or COF for short. I no longer worry about center of mass chest shots unless they are true, completely unexpected, reactive shooting events filled with extreme surprise and close range emergency movement. And even then...my objective is to achieve a face shot as soon as possible. If there is even a tenth of a degree of preparation or proactive process, its a face/neck shot immediately."

Gabe makes a lot of sense.
    http://blog.suarezinternational.com/...r-of-mass.html
    Excellent points ...my practice now involves shooting index cards or six inch diameter circles

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This stuff is en vogue to talk about, but the reality is that body armor, bomb vests, and all that stuff will remain a statistical outlier. As are those with the skill level to reliably hit the face...a small, bobbing target.

Solution: Focus on training to a high accuracy standard, select the target area based on scenario, availability, and ability. A lot of solid trainers use B8 bulls and similarly sized targets for their objective standard. It's a pretty good one.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast