Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review, Surefire XC1 + Surefire Customer Service

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's actully because of experiences like yours that I have not picked up a XC-1 for any reason yet. I have been one of the lucky ones in that my surefire products have been good to go and therefore I have no need to care about their customer service.

I plan on sticking with the x300u-b. It's more than got the bugs worked out of it at this point.

Perhaps when surefire comes out with the updated XC-2 or XC-1a they will hopefully address these issues as they learn and perfect the new light.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In playing around with the light around the house the day I received it, well, every now and then it would have a little flutter. Not much, probably about the same order of magnitude as what the lights in my house might do when the A/C comes on. Not enough to fault it or consider it a flaw or have any impact whatsoever on its intended use. Certainly not enough to send it back to Surefire, even if they had prompt replacement service until I was personally satisfied. I just can't put faith into this model of light now. Kind of like when I bought a Glock 30SF after listening to the internet apologists claiming the stories of it being a problem child model were overblown internet repetition, and then it was a dud even after going back to Glock (I had Glock exchange it for a G21SF which was flawless). I especially don't have the faith since my first XC1 started out okay and then flickered then flickered more then actually refused to turn on at all (or turned off and wouldn't come back). It wasn't an immediate condition.

I will be keeping my X300u and Scout that I've had for years (both), but not with the XC1. Kind of feel like I lose regardless of what I do with it. That happens sometimes I guess.
    Last edited by Warp; 07-29-16 at 11:10.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    My experiences with them have been pretty good. Lack of communication, but I received whatever I needed about the same time I was wondering if they were going to get back to me. My recent Scout IB is having some issues though, I'll post here how that goes when I get around to contacting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I came here because my XC-1 was acting up as well. Guess I will be using the Baer Stinger while I deal with them! Same problems as the video, light won't come on unless I shake or hit it.
    USMC MSGT Ret. 1371

SEMPER PARATUS Certified AR-15 Armorer

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I had similar issues as well with my XC1. Constant on switch failed after one mag with it installed and the light would turn on and off during recoil. I've since had it replaced (it took an hour long wait on the phone and two months later I had it returned) and now it works but I'm still disappointed. They dropped the ball on the XC1. Personally I think they should take a play out of Eotechs playbook and issue full refunds for these lights. There are obviously issues with them and selling them to people who intend to use them for SD/HD knowing the issues is shallow, IMO.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12