Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Production Colt Delta Elite 10mm

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    From what I have seen on the various web reviews it is a series 80. Haven't been able to confirm yet as no local stores have them. Also nothing on about it on the colt website.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Grant:

Do they have the series 80 firing pin safety mechanism?

Thanks.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    From what I have seen on the various web reviews it is a series 80. Haven't been able to confirm yet as no local stores have them. Also nothing on about it on the colt website.
    Colt site shows firing system as 80.

Feedback Score
    I've been on the fence about getting one of these for a couple of years. The new updates put me over the top. G&R gets the business because their price was the best that I could find. Thanks MistWolf for letting us know.

Feedback Score
    Can they truly handle full house 10mm? I had a Glock 20SF that was proof tested for load development by a local small ammo manufacturer where the primer was flowing. It still ran fine.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 09-09-16 at 01:03.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Do they still have the unsupported chamber?

Feedback Score
    I picked up mine today. It looks great.

I hope it shoots as well as it looks and feels.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm curious about any engineering improvements that might have been made to alleviate wear and tear from full power loads. Too, are the same old 1911 parts except extractor and ejector interchangeable with this 10mm version? My guess is yes.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    picked mine up the other day, getting to the range tomorrow. The only thing I thought was interesting is the guide rod seems to be plastic.... gonna see how it holds up after a couple of hundred rounds.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    the guide rod seems to be plastic.... gonna see how it holds up after a couple of hundred rounds.
    Someone please tell me this is not an across the board "enhancement"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    About plastic guide rods. CZ--on certain model 75 variations with alloy frame--stipulates use of plastic and not steel guide rods because the metal version might abrade the frame. Recoil springs for the CZs can have slightly diffferent structural dimensions, and I recall that the Cajun Gun Works smith directs users of his steel guide rod to use a certain one. The variations occur between factory and after market springs. Perhaps Colt is using a softer rod for similar reasons. In my later years I no longer object to plastic guide rods but did so strongly in years past.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast