Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Production Colt Delta Elite 10mm

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I think it is due to the new double spring recoil system. Shot it tonight and was surprised at the recoil but it was extremely controllable. Almost prefer a heavy .357 out of my model 27, but this package hides a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    Someone please tell me this is not an across the board "enhancement"
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Shot it tonight and was surprised at the recoil but it was extremely controllable.
    Surprised that it was so heavy or so light?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    surprised how light it was. Still kicked up the muzzle like a super hot .40 (which is is) but I expected a bit more out of the hotter rounds. I was averaging 1200-1300 with the sig factory FMJs I was shooting according to the chronograph.

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Surprised that it was so heavy or so light?
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I want a new Delta Elite so much it hurts. But I can only afford one firearm at a time. I also want a good High Power... and a Walther PPQ 45. To make matters worse, the local Cabella's has has a Postal Meter M1 carbine and another shop has the newly released Tavor X95 in stock. Somebody please just bless me with riches to ease my pain
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Anyone else having issues with the slide locking back? using factory sig 10mm ammo I had 6 different mags not hold open but not the same mags each time. I shot just over 100 rounds. When it failed to lock back it would end up slightly out of battery. 2 of the mags were the colt factory that had a rounded follower and 4 of them were mecgar mags. I thought the issue might be with the mecgar mags, but it seemed to go back and forth between the two types.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With the slide locked back and the mag removed, look into the opening and see the visible part of the slide release. Note that this part protrudes slightly into the frame. It may be rubbing against the left side of the magazine and is thus hindered in its movement. The remedy is easy--a few passes with a very fine file or stone.
    For some reason that's unclear to me, 1911 fitters fail to "fit" this part, which can cause premature slide lock back when the 2nd round hits it. The problem is more common in .45's using 230 gr round nose bullets. In your gun the 2nd round may be dragging on it causing your specific issue. The longer and fatter the bullet, the more likely it might hit an unfitted slide lock.

Another problem could be the dimension of the cut in the frame where the piece locks in and the dimension of the slide lock area that locks into the frame. If so, a good man with a file can adjust the slide lock to fit the frame.

My guess is that the slide lock spring is very heavy to reduce the slide lock from bouncing up and down from violent recoil. If so, heavier mag springs might help but remember that the issue can be caused by more than one variable interacting with another one or two variables. I think that slide lock protrusion is the culprit. I also think that lots of lube and shooting it some more might fix it. You have a fine pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Slide lock spring?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BKennedy View Post
    Slide lock spring?
    Think he means Plunger Spring.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you for clarifying. I did mean plunger spring. My 1911s don't have slide lock springs either, but their owner has developed a weak head spring.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Roger that. I just finished speaking with a smith about some work on my soon to be Delta where he was telling me about an extractor that uses springs, which was new to me, so I thought maybe there were some other oddities going on with these guns. No smartassery intended!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast