Thread: LEOs arrest man for meth - later found to be donut icing

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

LEOs arrest man for meth - later found to be donut icing

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news..._officer_.html

In her report, Riggs-Hopkins said during the traffic stop, she noticed what she called a "rock like substance" on the floor board of Rushing's car. She asked for and was granted permission to search the car, and with help from another officer found four samples of the white substance.

Riggs-Hopkins reported that two field tests of the substance revealed it to be methamphetamine.

Those field test results provided probable cause for her to make a legal arrest, the department said in a statement.

Later, a Florida Department of Law Enforcement lab determined that the evidence submitted was not a controlled substance, and no criminal charges were filed against Rushing by the State Attorney's office.

In a statement to the Sentinel, Orlando Police said it considers the arrest a lawful one.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...727-story.html

When Rushing opened his wallet, she saw that he had a concealed weapons permit, she wrote. He told her that he had a gun, and she asked him to step out of his car, a small Chevy.

That's when she spotted "a rock like substance on the floor board where his feet were," she wrote.

"I didn't have anything to hide," he said. "I'll never let anyone search my car again."

The New York Times reported on July 7 that its review of FDLE data showed that 21 percent of the time, drug evidence that was listed by local authorities as methamphetamine turned out to be something else.

Not sure how he's going to prevail on an unlawful arrest. Field test came back positive and law enforcement gonna enforce laws.

Can anyone explain why the tests came back the way they did? At least the FDLE lab vindicated him. Talk about an ordeal...
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 07-30-16 at 04:43.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Wow, just wow. Those field tests might need a recall.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So an anti-CCW LEO went on a fishing expedition and came up with doughnut topping . . .

Meth heads typically don't get approved for CCW permits for some strange reason.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, OP is gone for a bit--warning to you others in the same camp
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!