Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ATF Conversation about a Denied Customer

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    Needless to say, the NICS comes back DENY. I give him the pamphlet to fill out for the appeal process and he goes his merry way. 30 min later the local field office calls wanting a copy of the 4473...... 30 MINUTES LATER!!! I let them know all the info the customer informed me of and they were very curious about him then.
    It may well be an innocent error, but given the times we live in and all of the shooting of LEO recently, I am glad they are checking this guy out.

Just curious, can you tell us what he was trying to pick up or is that TMIFTI?
    Last edited by austinN4; 07-29-16 at 16:14.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    He was in to pick up a GSG STG-44 in 22lr. You know, a terrible scary assault machine gun
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    He was in to pick up a GSG STG-44 in 22lr. You know, a terrible scary assault machine gun
    Since you still got it, I'll take it off your hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    mentally defective
    or
    Dishonorably discharged would be my guess

I don't think he would be at the VA with a DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    well he was denied, so....had to be something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Based on the fact that he started discussing his psychiatric history with a guy running a gun store. That is prima facie evidence that someone is so stupid as to be mentally defective. I wouldn't trust the gun advice from most gun store clerks (present company excluded), much less their psychotherapy.
    I agree he's got issues talking to the salesperson about his mental health, loss of his license to carry.and that he only buys guns off the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I can understand being understaffed, but we live in a remarkable time, all you have to do is pick up the phone.
    I'm of the opinion if you have all of these Laws and to few agents to show up when someone is breaking a big one, maybe you just have too many Laws? I'm realy not sure why a local LEO couldn't show up and take the information and process the arrest.
    I'm kind of back and forth with Felon's having guns, but why have the Law if no one is going to enforce it?
    It might not have been a violation of state law. I have been called a few times to a LGS when a person with a warrant has tried to buy a gun.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234