Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3G4V Run N Gun, Presented by Rockcastle: Park City, KY, March 18, 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

3G4V Run N Gun, Presented by Rockcastle: Park City, KY, March 18, 2017

The Rockcastle Run-N-Gun is a centerfire biathlon – competitors will complete a 5K run combined with a shooting competition. The event is a test of man and equipment alike. It is intended to give participants an idea of how being hot, cold, exhausted, and challenged by the environment affects their shooting, and to test the effectiveness of their gear under field conditions. This event is not intended for inexperienced shooters – all participants are expected to be familiar with the operation of their firearms, and to observe basic principles of firearm safety at all times. With the exception of emergencies, Range Officers (ROs) are not allowed to help participants in any way. Good attitudes are a must. If you are the type of person who gets upset when minor changes are made to a plan or when you don’t always get your way, this is not the event for you.

More details here: https://m.facebook.com/events/177689...27&ref=m_notif
    Last edited by Matt in TN; 02-02-17 at 15:02.

Feedback Score
    Guys, this kind of event is one of the best training experiences you will get. Shooting under time pressure after you are exhausted from running the course really makes you sink to the level of your training.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks hensch! M4Carbine.net is where I first learned about the Oklahoma Run N Gun, so I had to return to the scene of the crime to share the love -

Feedback Score
    I ran the Wolverine 5k Run N Gun here in Michigan. These events are just plain fun. If you are anywhere near one go for it!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks Ken! I didn't even know there was one in Michigan. That's great to hear -

Here's a short highlight video from my first 10k in Oklahoma to give everyone a better idea what to expect. The Rockcastle match won't be EXACTLY like this, but the idea is the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    And we got our first match sponsor today: 300 Below (http://www.300below.com/) is donating several certificates for a free cryo treatment for your rifle, along with some other stuff.

They did a FAL for me a couple years ago, and I was so happy with it that I'm sending them another one. If you have a wandering zero issue and you've tried everything else you should give them a call. Be sure to thank them for their support and generosity!

If anyone else wants to get involved as a sponsor, please contact me at mstennett@twlakes.net for details. We have several levels of sponsorship available that can fit every budget.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This match is not about beating other people, it’s about beating yourself. And your Self is the toughest opponent you will ever face.

Start training. If you sign up, show up, and just START the match you’re ahead of every other “internet couch warrior” out there. If you FINISH the match, no matter how long it takes you, you win. One thing I can promise you – is that NO ONE will make fun of you for getting out there and trying. You will only hear words of encouragement and support*, pushing you to keep going and finish this thing.

*Marines and Army Drill Instructors have their own special way of giving encouragement and support, and I have a few as RO’s. If they yell at you, know it’s because they love you. They are the only exemptions from this statement. If some lone douchebag tries to prove me wrong on this and makes fun of you for struggling, being too fat, too old, or too slow - give them a swift buttstroke to the side of the head with your rifle and just keep going. As you trample over their crying body, tell them "Matt says hi".

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If it wasn't for the fact that I have no idea where I'm going to be next year, I'd be in for this.

If there's a repeat of this in 2018, I'll definitely be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar_guy04 View Post
    If it wasn't for the fact that I have no idea where I'm going to be next year, I'd be in for this.

If there's a repeat of this in 2018, I'll definitely be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We'll see if the first one is successful, but things are looking good for 2018 so far.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Event rocked, had a hell of a time. If you hear about similar events around KY, please continue to post them! Thank you so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast