Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AKOU Radical Firearms failure at 4310 rounds

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

AKOU Radical Firearms failure at 4310 rounds

People here go on and on about specs and why you should or shouldn't buy certain brands. So... I figured you guys would find this data point interesting. Rob did a 5 part series on the RF rifle documenting performance and wear every 1k rounds. But the gas rings went out (maybe) and the cam pin busted at just over 4k rounds.

....and I just hugged my BCM

Feedback Score
    I'm glad they did this test, not to slam Radical, but to allow people to make informed decisions on what they are sacrificing with their savings. Some people will be ok with it. Some will not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did Rob ever get around to testing the BCM long term ? Really interested in those results.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I was hoping it would make it but either way for its price point I would get one as a beater with spare parts. Still, for a budget AR it performed better than I expected, and it outperformed those American made junk AKs from IO and Century. Though the RAS-47 made it to 5K, the headspacing was not good to go and it just beat itself up. At least replacing the cam pin is an easy fix.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nobody should be surprised this happened.

Feedback Score
    Gas rings went south, and the RIFLE is bad? Not saying anything about Radical Firearms, but gas rings are a "consumable" ... I choose to replace mine every 2,500 rounds.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    ....and I just hugged my BCM
    Yup!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Gas rings went south, and the RIFLE is bad? Not saying anything about Radical Firearms, but gas rings are a "consumable" ... I choose to replace mine every 2,500 rounds.
    There have been too many other documented issues with Radical Firearms to for me to give them any benefit of doubt. Loose barrel extensions and broken bolts come to mind. I have personally seen the barrel extensions come loose.
    Last edited by Bedouin2W; 03-27-17 at 15:57.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for." I know in some cases you do pay a little more for the name but it's usually for good reason.

Feedback Score
    Not weighing in for or against RF, as mentioned

Weighing in on preventative maintenance ... gas rings are a consumable and will break on occasion, causing more damage depending on where it ends up.

They're like 50 cents each ... replace proactively, on any AR.

I am not suggesting dogs start sleeping with cats here ... this is a no-brainer.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast