Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DD comes through for local LE agency

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Chino is a reallllllllllly shitty part of Southern California so I could see how they justified this.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Still not cool with CA LE having what CA subjects can't.

Good for DD and the department I guess, but I'm not into that.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    You seem pretty hostile to LE.
    When assets are sized, such as drug houses and vehicles, those funds go into an account to eventually be used (partially) by the department.
    Many of our guys use suppressors on their rifles, and they should; who wants to lose their hearing? We sure as hell can't put on ear protection.
    2000 rounds per year is probably their training mission capability requirement, and likely varies in actual use. That said, I fire at least 200 rounds per SWAT training, so I can easily fire more that 2K per year.
    You seem pretty accusatory.

One can question excessive government expenditures without being hostile to LE.

Shit. If my posts on an Internet forum make me seem "hostile to LE" what do you think people who kill LEOs every weekend seem like?

But go ahead and pretend LE doesn't have a perception problem. We see how well that is working out nationally.

ETA: Your SWAT firing schedule is not relevant to my post.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 07-29-16 at 17:08.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Maybe there's a misunderstanding.

Ain't nobody advocating Bushmasters for LEOs here. You go ahead and get your custom made DDs.

The article just wreaked of incorrect info.

Do you know any street cops that shoot 2k 5.56 rounds a year? Motha ****ing Marines barely (don't even) shoot that much.
    Honestly, no.

They usually go through two mags a year, maybe, and call it good. All at 25 or 50 yards.

If you want more or better training you gotta put in for it, be in a particular outfit, or go on your own time.

Same with pistols. At least in this state. You might shoot 30 rounds and if at least 70% of that makes the qual minimum then that's all you are required to shoot.

I agree, 2k or even 200 per officer is highly optimistic. Unless they mean as a dept and it's a large dept then lessay 400 or so officers and 2 mags to qual each and maybe you send the studs to advanced training then...as a department, as a whole, that number starts to fit.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    That's what I was thinking, and along the lines of local LEOs (aside from SWAT - Obviously, although I guess that wasn't so obvious to some)

Just seems like typical government bureaucracy exaggerating the needs of their department to get cool toys paid for by tax payers and incentivizes more illegitimate seizures of assets prior to convictions.

its not an LE thing either. School boards, public works, parks & rec, etc etc all do it. So does the military.

"Oh shit it's Sept 29th. Tell them we shoot 60,000 rounds a year out of our 777s so we can get a higher budget and higher priority on all our parts!"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You seem pretty accusatory.

One can question excessive government expenditures without being hostile to LE.

Shit. If my posts on an Internet forum make me seem "hostile to LE" what do you think people who kill LEOs every weekend seem like?

But go ahead and pretend LE doesn't have a perception problem. We see how well that is working out nationally.

ETA: Your SWAT firing schedule is not relevant to my post.
    I get where you are coming from man. If we were joking and smoking over chili cheese fries it likely wouldn't seem (and didn't to me, personally) seem hostile at all. Just, like you say, wondering where the beef is.

But text on a screen is text on a screen. I'm tracking however. I agree with good gear but yeah some of the numbers seem off or misunderstood.

Even the Farvas and Tackleberries don't shoot that much and honestly, your average American officer, today as in right now, is up shit creek in a real SLA style firefight unless he was a shooting damn countryboy whiz kid.

But that's a training issue.

Feedback Score
    i can see swat guys shooting 2k a year. but if the beat cops want to good for them.

i dont like cali law. but im happy to hear some officers make the best they can.

ppl compain that cops miss and ppl complain cops train, pick one

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by daniel87; 07-29-16 at 17:23.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    That's actually where I was going with my post.

If their officers are getting 2k rounds a year (and after reading the replies it makes sense - maybe they swap rifles) they are already welllllll ahead of 99.99% of LEOs and the US military regarding proficiency with a carbine.

Thanks for understanding that tone doesn't convey well over text. I'm not over here crying "militarization of police!", just annoyed at some obvious fudging of figures.

As far as I'm concerned you can, and should, put a DD in every squad car in America.

The issue comes when you BS to get cool toys. And again, not relegated to LE. Go to Martin County FL. Everyone lives in trailers, or outside, but the county admin buildings cost many millions of dollars. "Gotta stay LEED certified!"

Sorry for the derailment OP.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 07-29-16 at 17:21.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    If they have a good training section 2000 rounds a year isn't crazy. We qual every quarter and I factor in 120 rounds per shooter (two 60 round courses of fire per quarter). It actually is about 20 minutes of shooting time in reality.

I order 120 rounds of duty ammo per officer a year and 120 rounds per quarter of training ammo per quarter for the other three quarters a year. Duty ammo is about $600 a case of 900 rounds training is $375ish. We hire 24 or more recruits a year so I add 1000 rounds per shooter for the 32 hour rifle course (24,000 rounds). I take that total number and add 10 percent for DNQ requals and such. That all adds up.

SWAT shoots at a minimum twice a month so they get 240 per officer a month plus 10 percent. David

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Maybe there's a misunderstanding.

Ain't nobody advocating Bushmasters for LEOs here. You go ahead and get your custom made DDs.

The article just wreaked of incorrect info.

Do you know any street cops that shoot 2k 5.56 rounds a year? Motha ****ing Marines barely (don't even) shoot that much.
    That's on the extreme low end for the officers I know. Then again, I know the cool guys

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast