Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The new Fostech Echo trigger system for the AR15

Feedback Score
    my first thought regarding the issue of reset and fire is if you want the usual single shot and reset method for sighted fire, use the semi spot. if a person is usuing the sim burst function they are using it like a person would with regular semi but in a life or death situation, were you need to put rounds down range. bang bang bang bang finger off trigger asses your suroundings then of safe switch to safe.

this sounds like bad training, who shoots an agressor and then holds the trigger in reset. this aint the range, we aint shooting groups.

does this sound normal.

pull trigger pull trigger hold trigger asses your suroundings reset trigger put on safe..... no your trigger should be ready to fire after you take the assailant down

the whole point is that it is used to be the m16 was auto, then in went to 3 rd burst, now it seem 2rd burst is more controlable than 3rd burst.

look at the mac vid to see how accurate he was

it looked natural to fire and release. it almost seemed like one bullet fired

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Another thought I just had- I bet David Olafson needs some major butt-rash cream after seeing products like this and Franklin Armory's come to market with ATF approval.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    I was under the impression the foster unit was already approved by the ATF. Is that the hold up? Also do you know 100% or are you just speculating?
    Pretty certain. Judge for yourself from this copy and paste from a Franklin Armory reply to me in thread:
    Date 8/9/16 posted by FranklinArmory:

"Last week I went to Washington DC to meet with the Chief of the ATF Firearms Industry Services and Technology Branch. I can tell you with certainty that no binary type trigger with a sear trip has been approved. Perhaps Fostech is working on it, but according to the Chief, no sear trip has been approved. I personally hope that they eventually do get it approved. However, ATF has had some pretty significant opinions on the matter expressed in Rulings 81-4, 82-8, 83-5,etc. I'm sure that they (Fostech) would be selling their product (the Fostech Echo Trigger) today if they had a letter on their current design (and not just a letter for the Hawbaker (original) design from 2013.)"

Link:http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/6...50037#i7250037
    Last edited by BigDave; 08-11-16 at 08:54.

Feedback Score
    I have a couple of ARs with a Tac-Con trigger and most ranges do not want you to use them (I do, but not in the auto reset mode) they (The ranges) do not want anyone doing more than a double tap fast. I kind of get that, but I am not interested in firing fast, I am interested in hitting the target fast. The Tac-Com auto reset allows you to shoot as fast as you can aim. I have only tried mine with 5.56 so I don't know about a AR-10, but I expect diminished usefulness with the extra recoil of a 7.62, for my purpose anyway. I am to lazy to swap one out to try. I have both the 3MR and the 241 models and prefer the 241 because it has the auto reset in the normal fire position and in the 3rd position it is a two stage trigger.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Exactly. I don't have any experience with burst triggers, but I believe the mechanics are the same as any trigger. You release the trigger and the gun stops shooting, even if you have not fired 3 rounds. Every gun on the PLANET operates on this concept. Pull trigger make gun go bang. Release trigger and gun doesn't go bang. With a product such as this thing you have 1 system that does the opposite. What could go wrong? Kind of like GM developing a car with reverse steering or a brake pedal that doubles as the accelerator pedal. What could go wrong?

I don't have an issue if you want to burn ammo for shits and giggles or try to be an armchair FA commando without all the NFA hassles and $$. But please do so in a manner that is safe. Again why is a 2 finger flipper thingie like paintball not possible?
    Agreed. This thing, just like the Franklin Armory trigger is just inviting ND's. Seriously baffled at who thought this was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz3 View Post
    I have a couple of ARs with a Tac-Con trigger and most ranges do not want you to use them (I do, but not in the auto reset mode) they (The ranges) do not want anyone doing more than a double tap fast. I kind of get that, but I am not interested in firing fast, I am interested in hitting the target fast. The Tac-Com auto reset allows you to shoot as fast as you can aim. I have only tried mine with 5.56 so I don't know about a AR-10, but I expect diminished usefulness with the extra recoil of a 7.62, for my purpose anyway. I am to lazy to swap one out to try. I have both the 3MR and the 241 models and prefer the 241 because it has the auto reset in the normal fire position and in the 3rd position it is a two stage trigger.
    The Tac-Con is a much better approach to firing fast, short of using absurd fire on release triggers or bump firing.

Feedback Score
    i so want one of these one day. I dont know if its worth it but I want it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    For half the price you can get a slidefire stock which will echo the same results.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTY346 View Post
    For half the price you can get a slidefire stock which will echo the same results.
    I agree. Unless you're planning to use it for some type of practical application, the fun of occasional simulated full-auto can be had for a lot less. Not to mention the bump fire devices allow for one to run a really good trigger at all times. There's actually a knock-off version of the SBS slide fire that'll only set you back $99 bucks. $99 vs $500. That sure is a lot of extra ammo.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTY346 View Post
    If spray and pray is all you want to do, get slide fire. to quote me from above " I am not interested in firing fast, I am interested in hitting the target fast" that means aiming and shooting, hard to aim with slidefire

Feedback Score
    Check the Fostech Page!
    Looks like they started shipping units Dec 1, 2016.
    Look at the page with the ATF acceptance letter!
    The time for wait is getting shorter!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast