Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie here

Feedback Score
    I would stay off buying stuff for looks. It honestly gets old real quick and it'll cost you more money down the road correcting aesthetic-based-bad-decisions for practical/functional ones.

Feedback Score
    That sucks about the LPK. Hope you get it sorted out. When you say "gonna go down to Primary", do you mean Primary Arms? Man, it would be bad news for my wallet and marriage if I lived close to their retail store! If you've already got a Raptor CH, I feel like you're set in that department. As far as the barrel, I had actually looked at a Freedom SS barreled upper when contemplating a budget build, but ended up changing gears and building an AR Pistol instead. For the money, it's not a bad choice. A friend of mine has a rifle with a traditional profile SS Freedom Mid-Length. It's been reliable and shoots pretty well. I haven't heard much about their pencil profile, but would be interested to know how it runs when you get it hot, and how quickly it heats up. The PSA freedom line is their "value", middle of the road series. IIRC, the barrels from their Premium line are made by FN. They're a little more tight lipped about the Freedom line, but Wilson Arms (not Combat) seems to be the most frequently suggested supplier. But I'm not sure that's ever been confirmed. For $119 bucks, it doesn't seem like a bad deal. If you want reviews, there is a complete barreled upper they're selling that appears to have the same barrel.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/revie...list/id/19376/

Keep us posted and let us know what the trip to Primary yields.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    Yea I'm scared to go down there, but I have a feeling it's going to take forever to get the PSA thing worked out and don't want to wait on another LK. If I don't post for a while it's due to the fact that I've exhausted all funds available and couldn't pay my phone/internet bill! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123