Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated w/ Pix: AK47 advice for AK noobster

Feedback Score
    I'm ordering this rail if I like the way it shoots. And the Vltor AK47 Extension with a Magpul CTR, tango down VFG, and I'll throw on my EOTech 552.

http://www.samson-mfg.com/mm5/mercha...-47_Handguards

Tell me that aint tactiKool!?

Feedback Score
    What do you think this rifle is worth by the way? Any guestimates?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RallySoob View Post
    What do you think this rifle is worth by the way? Any guestimates?
    Henderson Defense sells some "certified" WASR's, ones that they've gone over and made sure don't have some of the quirks that many of the Century rifles have.

http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/pro...4&productId=78
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    lol, tacticrap... I like that. I tend to 'TaciKool' too much

I don't like the look of wood. I have seen some pretty nice Polymer AK's in the past. To each his own I guess, wood's not for me...
    Oh yeah AR's I like with rails and such or without in a classic look, but for some reason I just love the classic AK look either in wood or poly. My Vector is poly but I really wish I'd picked the wood one, my next one will be wood.

Feedback Score
    Wow I don't know man... That looks really clean! wanna trade?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All the parts you mentioned, though not my cup of tea, seem to be OK. One thing you need to be aware of though with an AK or any other import "not-so sporting arms" is US parts compliance. In a nutshell the government requires certain US parts be installed for it to be legal, such as the Tapco fire group I noticed in one of the pics. Generally speaking if the part you take off says "US," replace it with a US made part. I don't have the link but ak47.net has an extensive breakdown of this. The regulation is referred to as "922R," Google and you shall find.

P.S. Sorry if you already know this... just trying to keep you out of trouble.

Feedback Score
    I'm ordering this rail if I like the way it shoots. And the Vltor AK47 Extension with a Magpul CTR, tango down VFG, and I'll throw on my EOTech 552.

Tell me that aint tactiKool!?
    I just got a Vltor extension - I used the MagPul MOE stock and it is working great! You might look at that because it will save you almost $40. And the Vltor has a QD mount at the front of the extension too so you don't need the one on the stock if that's your cup of tea...

Speaking of 922 - I want to swap out the US grip on this with one of the Izzy "Swat" grips. I count (1) stock, (1) handguard set [Ultimak + US poly lower], (3) FCG, and (1) perm attached US extension... Looks like I should have enough to swap the grips - am I counting right?

Spooky

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's the link for the simplest 922R compliance, and this one is specific to only the 16 AK parts that apply to AK's. You should have NO more than 10 imported.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=80

Spooky- the way you are supposed to count is to count the import parts, not the US parts. The link details it very easily.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1220 View Post
    Here's the link for the simplest 922R compliance, and this one is specific to only the 16 AK parts that apply to AK's. You should have NO more than 10 imported.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=80

Spooky- the way you are supposed to count is to count the import parts, not the US parts. The link details it very easily.

I phrased my question very poorly - does it matter if the muzzle device is permanently attached or if it is simply threaded on? It really is a moot point because the Russian grip would push the foreign count to ten and then the part about the muzzle device really wouldn't matter...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You're fine. That's an American made muzzle brake.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast