Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Industries Gen II AK handguards

Feedback Score
    Can you post link to install instructions, please?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Great to hear, thank you sir!
    You are very welcome
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    Is the lower handguard anchored to the barrel via braces and the upper bolted onto the lower? Russians did there rail systems anchored front to back from the handguard retainer to the receiver then the upper is bolted onto the lower. A lot of movement past the gas block with AK's- unavoidable due to the design.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Is the lower handguard anchored to the barrel via braces and the upper bolted onto the lower? Russians did there rail systems anchored front to back from the handguard retainer to the receiver then the upper is bolted onto the lower. A lot of movement past the gas block with AK's- unavoidable due to the design.
    Lower is mounted to the barrel like our hand guards have been for the last six years. There is a additional anti rotation block that engages the front of the receiver. The upper is bolted to the bottom.
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Industries View Post
    Lower is mounted to the barrel like our hand guards have been for the last six years. There is a additional anti rotation block that engages the front of the receiver. The upper is bolted to the bottom.
    Troy
    MI
    Thats why I was hoping to see install instructions. I have no idea how you have been doing it, but Im interested and want to understand mounting is all..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Thats why I was hoping to see install instructions. I have no idea how you have been doing it, but Im interested and want to understand mounting is all..
    There will be some mounting videos coming soon. If you want to see a written version please email us and we will send you them.
    thanks
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    Are there vented/ported gas tubes available? I have read that the vent holes may not be necessary on replacement tubes, but I'm not terribly keen on testing that for myself...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by philo_beddoe12 View Post
    Are there vented/ported gas tubes available? I have read that the vent holes may not be necessary on replacement tubes, but I'm not terribly keen on testing that for myself...
    The tube does have vents in the bottom.
    Thanks
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up on this. I plan on ordering one up tomorrow. This will replace the existing MI rail on my SLR-107.
    I am not an expert, nor do I play one on the internet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by faster200 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on this. I plan on ordering one up tomorrow. This will replace the existing MI rail on my SLR-107.
    Thanks
    you will love it
    Troy
    MI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast